Ceramic quick detailers on glass

Has anybody used these products on their auto glass? If so how is it working and does it streak or anything like that? I used it on some cheap sunglasses and it seems to keep them cleaner.

I have used ceramics on glass with mixed results. On the windshield I was getting some wiper chatter so I stopped using it there. On the rear hatch glass it does keep it cleaner longer. Those windows always tend to accumulate dirt. I didn’t get any wiper chatter and I think the reason for that is the short wiper.

They are fine for non-wiper windows.
on the front windshield you can get chatter and streaking.
I use aquapel on the front window.
and can usually stretch it out so that 1 "pod" does most of the windows.

I have used wash wax all and griots 3 in 1(among others) on the side windows with ok results.

Use https://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Glass-91411-Stripper-Fluid_Ounces/dp/B07YP6Q437
then use aquapel.
Aquapel is best purchased on ebay.. amazon is mostly fake product.

also dont go through automatic car washes or you may get wax on window.

I bought from this guy on ebay and its legit.. you break the applicator and it smells.. melts your nose off = real stuff.

I have used ceramics on glass with mixed results. On the windshield I was getting some wiper chatter so I stopped using it there. On the rear hatch glass it does keep it cleaner longer. Those windows always tend to accumulate dirt. I didn’t get any wiper chatter and I think the reason for that is the short wiper.
Same experience for me.

Same as others...I use Aquapel on the windshield, but use spray on, wipe off ceramic or graphene sprays on the side and back windows just fine.

I recommend Griot's Glass Sealant. No wiper chattering and very effective.

I think if you apply some to the wiper blade also it may reduce chatter. However, I think most ceramic QDs won’t last on the windshield if you use the wipers often. The main difference with the real glass coatings is in the durability. I use Diamond Glass and it is insanely durable. I’m going on 10 months on my beater and it still works, with some touchless car washes and plenty of wiper use.

I think if you apply some to the wiper blade also it may reduce chatter. However, I think most ceramic QDs won’t last on the windshield if you use the wipers often. The main difference with the real glass coatings is in the durability. I use Diamond Glass and it is insanely durable. I’m going on 10 months on my beater and it still works, with some touchless car washes and plenty of wiper use.
Agreed, the dedicated glass coatings last way longer. As you mentioned the friction of the wiper blade wears them down quickly. The dedicated products have better durability. To save money, I use the standard ceramic or graphene spray on, wipe off products on side and back windows and they last for months. For the windshield I use Aquapel and can easily get 10 to 11 months of use, even here in rainy Seattle, WA. :)

Back