Centric PosiQuiet Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work Van needed brakes so drop off to the shop that our company uses.
2007 Chevy G3500.
New brakes put on Centric PosiQuiet Extended Wear brakes as speced for van. Fine That was last Monday. No rotors needed first time track has needed pads. Get truck back and am driving and pads feel a little softer but i attribute that to new pads needing time to bed in.
Fast foward to today. A week later 500 miles later brake pedal softness seems to have worn away but man these pads SUCK comapred to OEM.
They have same intial bite as OEM and about the same feel as OEM but they have less grip than OEM. Once past their intial bite u press down more on the pedal and they dont seem to bite down any better. After stop and go driving I get out the van and u smell brakes.
My driving style has not changed from when the van had OEM brakes in it and i never had this smell so many times after stop and go driving. WHile I admit that the driving style tends to be more on the aggresive side than conservative these centric do not compare well to OEM
Funny thing is i have used centric in the past and have had good result on cars and vans. But never of this weight capacity.
Im wondering if they will get better with time or not. Otherwise these pads will be lucky to last half of what OEM lasted. I want to take it back and ask for OEM pads but dont want to come off as being a jerkoff. I wish i ccould have changed them myself
21.gif

Aaaargh. I would have told you had I known!

These pads suck badly, and wait till it's really wet and cold, they will scare you with their lack of grip!

Buy NAPA adaptive pads. You won't be disappointed.

Van has 45588 miles when new pads were put on. Now at 46000 miles.
According to centric website u sacrifice operating friction level with their ceramics and extended wear. But why only offer that as OEM replacements for this vehicle when it came with ceramics that offered a much higher friction level. They actually say that the extended wear pads are to be used in sever and fleet conditions. These pads so far are no match for OEM and they say no break in is required.
Oh well i guess its a lesson learned for next time

I think im gonna wait about another 1000-2000 miles and take the van back and say they squeel when hot and have poor grip and ask for OEM pads back again

Originally Posted By: RH+G
But why only offer that as OEM replacements for this vehicle when it came with ceramics that offered a much higher friction level.
The guy at the shop probably assumed you would want long life pads because it's a company vehicle. But he should have confirmed that's what you want. Or maybe that's just all he had in stock so that's what he slapped on. Centric's pads are pretty good, this version happens to be designed for a different purpose than yours.

Yeah i went back and they said this is what they use on all of our vans. I must just be more critical than others
21.gif

He offered to put another set on and see what happens but i aint gonna waste mine or his time. I will just let these wear out and next time ask for OEM pads back. Lesson learned thou thats for sure nver thought it would be that much of a difference.

Lorenzo has nice charts.

Long life pads usually don't grab well. What is the rating on the side of the Centric pads?
It will read something like EE or FE.

But don't be too hard on Centric - it is delivering what it promised - long life.

I absolutely love the centric ceramic pads I put in my xB. Quiet, grippy, no dust... Perfect.

Sorry to hear your experience was not as good!

Im gonna try to get them to put back the OEM AC Delco pads but i dont know what will happen. Its a fine line cause my company uses them and i dont want to seem like a jerk off while everyone else has no problem. Im just more critical about the way my van drives seeing how most of my life is spent with it.
I never had bad experiences with centric either but these pads migh work on a GVW 6600 lb van but my van comes in at 9600 and during stop and go these things have ENORMOUS amounts of fade

The more brake relines I do the more I now lean toward OEM pads. They just seem to last longer. Especialy on the Toyota products. The only other pads close were the Raybestos AT.

If you don't feel comfortable with the way your work van stops, have the pads replaced. It's within your companies best interest for you not to wreck the van and in your best interest to drive a safe vehcile since you spend "most of your life with it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back