Central America beach vaca recommends.

So first trip to Mexico (Riviera Maya) recently had me so enamored I had another trip booked to same resort 2 days after we got back, flying back in 3 weeks for another 3 night trip, first 3 night trip was way too short. I am more of an adventurer so after this next all inclusive trip I think I am probably going to be over the locked up in a resort type vacation.

Pretty much all of Central America is accessible to me via a 2.5-3 hour nonstop flight so want to try to hit some new spots for May or June that are stay, eat, drink and tour on your own style. Any recommends for some beach destinations with some local sights, ruins, jungles, tours, etc. within let's say ~1 hour each way of beach hotels?

So first trip to Mexico (Riviera Maya) recently had me so enamored I had another trip booked to same resort 2 days after we got back, flying back in 3 weeks for another 3 night trip, first 3 night trip was way too short. I am more of an adventurer so after this next all inclusive trip I think I am probably going to be over the locked up in a resort type vacation.

Pretty much all of Central America is accessible to me via a 2.5-3 hour nonstop flight so want to try to hit some new spots for May or June that are stay, eat, drink and tour on your own style. Any recommends for some beach destinations with some local sights, ruins, jungles, tours, etc. within let's say ~1 hour each way of beach hotels?
FWIW - Mexico is North America, not central. But your post is not clear on where you want to go.

Tamarindo, Costa Rica. Water sports, especially surfing, hiking, waterfalls, tubing, rafting, zip lining, fishing. Great seafood. Try the ceviche. Go there between December and March. It's the dry season before it gets really hot in April. Rainy season is from May till November. Its cheaper and if you like rain you won't be disappointed.

Back