Castrol's new GTX Full Synthetic

spj

Question for Bitogers, I see Castrol appears to be replacing Magnatech with their GTX full synthetic. Does it contain the magical clinging smart molecules/ Magnatec technology, whatever that might be? I don't see it mentioned in their advertisements, just know that Magnatech seems to be great oil, especially in Ecoboosts. Have a 2022 F150 2.7 and was considering this. Thanks

The magical clinging molecules is nothing more than magical clinging marketing.

Castrol makes good oils, so it would perform well in your 2.7. Do a search in the UOA section with a member having good results running Supertech in that engine. Given recent price hikes, my go-to oil would be Valvoline Syn at $22 with the $5 rebate.

I know people like to say Magnetech was marketing.
Calling them "smart" molecules was something less than smart.
However, it was the only oil that I have used that claimed to lower wear and actually did.
On the UOA I have attached the yellow line going down was my first fill of Magnetech when it first came out.
Notice the immediate drop in iron...and it stayed there.
The oil before that was SynTech or whatever Castrol had before.

It is my understanding the wear inhibitor is still there in the replacement.

img072.jpg

I know people like to say Magnetech was marketing.
Calling them "smart" molecules was something less than smart.
However, it was the only oil that I have used that claimed to lower wear and actually did.
On the UOA I have attached the yellow line going down was my first fill of Magnetech when it first came out.
Notice the immediate drop in iron...and it stayed there.
The oil before that was SynTech or whatever Castrol had before.

It is my understanding the wear inhibitor is still there in the replacement.

View attachment 91362

I've actually seen something similar but over a lot more data sets in the old days when people would switch from synthetic to conventional oil especially if they ran the same moderate length oci.

The magical clinging molecules is nothing more than magical clinging marketing.

Castrol makes good oils, so it would perform well in your 2.7. Do a search in the UOA section with a member having good results running Supertech in that engine. Given recent price hikes, my go-to oil would be Valvoline Syn at $22 with the $5 rebate.
I would counter there was something special in this oil, like it covered the engine in velvet. Somewhat reminiscent of QS Red bottle over a decade ago - maybe NOT as good. The initial release formulation marketed as Semi Synthetic. But It didnt have the best deep winter cold start performance, and the "velvet flocking" seemed to sap a bit of power potential.

I see on the BP/Castrol U.S. page they are still marketing Magnatec as a separate line. I don't know if that is a housekeeping issue or the intention.

There was a long thread on the
new GTX FS a month ago.

Question for Bitogers, I see Castrol appears to be replacing Magnatech with their GTX full synthetic. Does it contain the magical clinging smart molecules/ Magnatec technology, whatever that might be? I don't see it mentioned in their advertisements, just know that Magnatech seems to be great oil, especially in Ecoboosts. Have a 2022 F150 2.7 and was considering this. Thanks
Have you considered asking Castrol? They usually have good customer service, unlike others.

Back