Castrol Magnatec 0W20 5k mi 17 Honda Ridgeline @30k

Status
Not open for further replies.
First analysis from the 2017 Honda Ridgeline. This one has run Magnatec since new on 5K intervals. This was with a Fram TG7317 run 2 OCIs or 10,000 miles. Better than our Pilot (link below) as far as Cu, but Al higher. Seems not too bad I guess.

2017 Pilot

[Linked Image]

Must have been old stock first generation dexos oil, high calcium, yet this engine shouldn't be vulnerable to LSPI anyway.
Magnatec 2nd generation dexos 5w30 has more moly and also Titanium. Maybe the current version of this 0w20 oil on the shelf follows that recipe.

Yes, old stock from AAP clearance a few years back. I'm out of 0W-20 now, so next Magnatec in line is 5W-20 Dexos Gen 2, so my plan is to run that and resample at 45k. Almost all of the other Mag UOAs I've seen have been outstanding. To note, my morning "commute" is about 4 miles. Never really cold here, but the majority of the time it doesn't get up to full operating temp. Usually on the weekend I'll drive in to Metairie or BR and get it all the way warmed up. Also, it's had a VCMuzzler installed since almost day 1.

Using the same oil viscosity and 2x the OCI my aluminum, iron and copper was 2x, 4x and 7.5x, respectively. I'd be happy with that report.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back