Castrol GC 0W30, 7350 Miles, BMW X5 4.4 v8

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd run of GC in my BMW X5 4.4 V8
Odometer just hit 31,250 miles with FP on every fillup. I did finish up a bottle of RL S1 I had lying around also - at 1 oz /5 gallon treatment rates also. The last OCI was back in Spring and I changed both the air and oil filters. The previous run before that was GC and Redline 5W30.

Love to hear your thoughts on this UOA

-

The last UOA I have prior to this would be Redline 5W30. For comparion, please see below

-

[ November 18, 2005, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: chefwong ]

Chef:

I'd like to read your data, but I can't. I'm staying in primitively equipped quarters on base back in New Orleans, and I'm presently using a very slow cell phone modem. Compassion for slow connection users, as well as links that inevitably go dead after a while are the reasons why the board rules call for typing in of date manually. At the top of the UOA forum, you will find this little admonition: "Please type data.No outside links for data.ANALYSIS RESULTS ONLY!"

EDIT: I hope I don't sound like I'm picking on you, but if you do post images (for other purposes, of course), please use a graphics or photo editing program to resize them to somewhere in the neighborhood of 600-800 pixels wide. This will avoid the problem of images so big that they force readers to scroll back and forth to see the entire image. I use a relatively small notebook computer, so your image may be fine on some larger screens, but it's a scroller on mine. I usually set my images at 600 pix wide, and let the program "auto-set" the height to preserve proportions.
cheers.gif

What type of use is this subject too? You consistantly are inconsistant. Different labs, different oils...
TBN seems depeleted quickly in this motor and in your application.

It's a daily driver. I would say 80% highway / 20% city but rush hour traffic on NYC highways can be stop/go at times.

I swapped to GC to see how that would trend and I'm currently on my 3rd run of GC. Third OCI, I used GC with LC, fresh oil and air filter. I plan to sample at 3.5K just to see what's up.

As far as different labs, a friend of mine has always told me that he's had really great experiances with Butler. Once I used up the kit's I had with Blackstone, I bought some kits from Mark over at Butler. It was my way of giving Butler Business after so much that Mark had contributed to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back