Castrol Edge Black Bottle New Formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castrol revised the black bottle formula with liquid titanium now. PQIA's Castrol Edge black bottle test was dated in 1/25/2014 and the PDS dated 11/01/2013 with no titanium so the PQIA test was the previous formula. The new formulation PDS was released in Jun 20, 2014 showing that it's now engineered with liquid titanium. This oil is relatively new and haven't seen UOAs or VOA's yet on the amount of titanium it has. I've never see an oil that went though many formula changes.

Was looking around at walmart when the black bottle is finally dexos1 certified with liquid titanium.

They are different weights but the newer bottles show dexos1 certs / old bottle/forumlation
23NXxtf.jpg

Castrol Edge with Syntec : Castrol Edge formerly Syntec : Castrol Edge Fluid Titianum Technology. I guess were into version 3 now.
1jCop6y.jpg

Might do a UOA on my 02 Chevy 5.3L.
E49LVoj.jpg

Yes, its a new formula. I was going to run this in the Accord next OCI since it was on sale at WM, but after viewing the PDS, and seeing it was right under 50 CST at 40C (near 5w30 territory) I chose not too. I am sure its a good oil otherwise though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back