Castrol Edge 0W20, 4264 mi, '18 CRV

This sample had 3.5qt of Edge black bottle 0W20 and about 1/4qt of Castrol Edge 0W40 added to get it to the full mark. Of note, there was a 2500 mi round-trip road trip from the midwest to the southwest right at the beginning of this OCI. The OLM was at 60% when I changed it. I was really pleased to see the metals drop to below universal averages. Viscosity, despite the low flashpoint, stayed in 20 grade territory. I think that says a lot for keeping OCI
edit: Blackstone had an unusually fast turnaround time for this UOA. Took the sample in the morning on 8/6, dropped it in the mail 8/6 around 2pm, it delivered on 8/8, and results delivered on 8/10.

View attachment 111979
The titanium might give an idea how much 0w40 is in there. It's usually about 50ppm in the UOA I have seen for my own cars and others. I don't think it gets depleted in use. It was a handy reference for me to see how much washed out of a car that only drains it's oil supply partially due to very long factory oil cooler plumbing and large coolers.

The titanium might give an idea how much 0w40 is in there. It's usually about 50ppm in the UOA I have seen for my own cars and others. I don't think it gets depleted in use. It was a handy reference for me to see how much washed out of a car that only drains it's oil supply partially due to very long factory oil cooler plumbing and large coolers.
Yeah, that crossed my mind too. My Ti is 18, which is about what straight Castrol Edge 0W-20 has. Given the CRV has 3.7qt capacity and I put in 3.5qt of the Edge 0W20 and topped off to the full mark with the 0W-40, I'm pretty confident .2qt of the 0W-40 went in.

Yeah, that crossed my mind too. My Ti is 18, which is about what straight Castrol Edge 0W-20 has. Given the CRV has 3.7qt capacity and I put in 3.5qt of the Edge 0W20 and topped off to the full mark with the 0W-40, I'm pretty confident .2qt of the 0W-40 went in.
Oh, I wasn't aware Castrol used Ti in other grades. Makes sense.

Back