CARVANA = ripoff. Tough road ahead.

I think the problem with private sales is that a significant portion of people shopping for cars want to trade their old one in on the newer one. Can’t do that with a private sale. They would rather take the hit for the convenience of not having to sell it themselves, or they are stretched so thin they can’t float the cost difference until it sells.
This is true, that's why I always dabble in high mileage, older model cash deals for a few thousand. I can usually afford to keep the old car temporarily until it sells. Parking seems to be the biggest inconvenience rather than operating costs. Sadly that market is squeezed out right now, so I'm holding onto my clunkers.

Not many new Dodges being sold new lately.
Those would be the Charger and Challenger.
We s we ll mainly new Rams and Jeeps. We would sell a good amount of Chrysler Grand Caravans if the factory was making them in any good amount.
Are the Charger and Challenger not popular anymore, or is the factory not able to supply them?

My neighbor recently sold a 2015 Dodge Dart GT with 50ish K miles for about 3k more than Carmax offered him. That was surprising enough, but I was amazed how long it took Carvana to post the vehicle for sale. It took them right about 3 weeks from when he sold it to them for it to finally appear on website.

I think the problem with private sales is that a significant portion of people shopping for cars want to trade their old one in on the newer one. Can’t do that with a private sale. They would rather take the hit for the convenience of not having to sell it themselves, or they are stretched so thin they can’t float the cost difference until it sells.
Not only that...but many private sellers of late model vehicles don't have title. They still owe. While I realize Dealers also sell vehicles they don't have titles to...they are regulated and can be dealt with should something not work out correctly.

Back