Carvana paid top dollar

Just sold our 2012 Chevy Cruze RS 1.4l turbo with 93k miles on it to Carvana for $7,893. Carmax offered $6,000. KBB to private party was $6,500. Needless to say it was a nice painless process. Very pleased! It will be nice to have one less vehicle on the insurance as well as annual tax and tags.

All in all it was a good little car. Aside from the valve cover going bad and the water pump and one other thing covered under warranty. Here are pictures of the top when I replaced the valve cover. This is with 93k miles using AMSOIL Signature Series 5w-30 at 8k mile oil changes and AC filters and then AMSOIL filters when they came out.
thumbnail_IMG_1216.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1218.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1223.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1214.jpg

Just sold our 2012 Chevy Cruze RS 1.4l turbo with 93k miles on it to Carvana for $7,893. Carmax offered $6,000. KBB to private party was $6,500. Needless to say it was a nice painless process. Very pleased! It will be nice to have one less vehicle on the insurance as well as annual tax and tags.

All in all it was a good little car. Aside from the valve cover going bad and the water pump and one other thing covered under warranty. Here are pictures of the top when I replaced the valve cover. This is with 93k miles using AMSOIL Signature Series 5w-30 at 8k mile oil changes and AC filters and then AMSOIL filters when they came out.
View attachment 106130View attachment 106131View attachment 106132
View attachment 106129

I've always liked a Cruze. I think we had a 1.8.

Awesome work.

Rat,

Your statement of "Aside from the valve cover going bad" has me curious. Did the gasket fail or did you actually have some kind of failure....crack, or something else happen to the actual cover?

Rat,

Your statement of "Aside from the valve cover going bad" has me curious. Did the gasket fail or did you actually have some kind of failure....crack, or something else happen to the actual cover?
It has a built in PCV valve that goes bad. From the codes it had and a Google search, the fix was to replace the valve cover. Amazon and a dorman cover and $60 later and about 20 minutes of my time it was fixed.

It has a built in PCV valve that goes bad. From the codes it had and a Google search, the fix was to replace the valve cover. Amazon and a dorman cover and $60 later and about 20 minutes of my time it was fixed.
Much nicer price than my $800 I-6 BMW valve cover. Needless to say I got a used one.

many times people forget spendy cars have spendy parts, but buyers should know that + thats the cost of uppity brands so spend it if you got it!! my 2001 TT 225Q was about 45G new in 2001 + bought it for 19 thou about 10 years ago + since its a glorified golf with AWD many parts interchange cheeply, but not all $$$ wondering if carvana buys motorcycles???

Take those Carvana offers while you can, they are possibly going out of business.

Good for you though, Carvana should offer all BITOG members an addition 10%.

yup, Carvana is one of those stories too fast, too high; its future is dimmed to say the least

also, the used car market is cooling off as we are typing it here...

they are just trying to pay less while gouging you for 5k over msrp on a new one.

2019 cherokee
vroom = 21400 WE WANT TO BUY YOUR CAR.. hell yea i would too at 6000 discount.
carvana 22779
carmax $27200

Luckily the person who buys your car will have a car that was well maintained. 👍

So, they give you the money based on estimate on their website? without inspection?
It was easy, I basically filled out the online information, License plate, then they knew what it was and a few other questions and picture of mileage and they came back with a price. Shocked me and I just kept my fingers crossed that they were sticking to it and they did. When they came to pick it up, they took pictures, started it, didn't even drive it and handed me the check. I signed a few papers giving them power of attorney to get the title in their name and that was it.

Back