Carquest Premium 84502 C&P

BrendanC

$100 site donor 2024
2022 silverado 2500hd 6.6L L8T 66k miles
in service 8374 miles
truck was in odessa TX and job ran longer than expected.

out/off: 8 quarts Valvoline EP HM 5w-30 with Carquest Premium 84502

in/on: 1.5 quarts HPL EC30 and 6.5 quarts Valvoline R&P 5w-30 with Carquest Premium 84502

filter looks amazing, very surprised with this 8400 miles OCI. glad that i found these

IMG_7304.jpeg

IMG_7305.jpeg

IMG_7306.jpeg

IMG_7307.jpeg

IMG_7308.jpeg

IMG_7309.jpeg

IMG_7310.jpeg

IMG_7311.jpeg

IMG_7312.jpeg

IMG_7313.jpeg

Thanks for the pics. Filter looks great. Also for over 8k on this, the Valvoline in there sure held up well also. It looks very clean.

Being this is a newer truck with lower miles that's probably been under your care since new, no surprise these longer intervals are coming out clean. Probably also could assume that GM did a decent enough job with the capacity/cooling systems on these where if they're maintained, they aren't trashing consumables every 3k.

Isn't the sump capacity on these like 8qts or something?

FWIW, I have a stockpile of the PG made Microgard Selects that are patiently waiting to go on the Tahoe and Suburban next OCIs. Fortunately the older 2021 WIX I have been using had looked good during previous cuts, but I won't buy any new ones. It was your cuts that suggested me to look evaluate my filter choices. Thank you.

Thanks for the pics. Filter looks great. Also for over 8k on this, the Valvoline in there sure held up well also. It looks very clean.

Being this is a newer truck with lower miles that's probably been under your care since new, no surprise these longer intervals are coming out clean. Probably also could assume that GM did a decent enough job with the capacity/cooling systems on these where if they're maintained, they aren't trashing consumables every 3k.

Isn't the sump capacity on these like 8qts or something?

FWIW, I have a stockpile of the PG made Microgard Selects that are patiently waiting to go on the Tahoe and Suburban next OCIs. Fortunately the older 2021 WIX I have been using had looked good during previous cuts, but I won't buy any new ones. It was your cuts that suggested me to look evaluate my filter choices. Thank you.
it was actually bought used with 55k on it. it burns oil pretty aggressively. i’m hoping the EC30+ valvoline R&P will clean it up enough to stop the burning issues. these trucks have massive cooling systems and hold 8 quarts of oil. high volume oil system that is two stage pressure wise. most of the time these trucks are around 60 PSI oil pressure.

Back