Carfax Car Care App / user dashboard

Has anyone used Carfax Car Care? I signed up for it a while back because it provides service history on your vehicles that you've registered to their Car Care service-- any service history that was ever logged into Carfax shows up, even those that predate when you bought it. I don't think it will show you the entire history like accidents and such, unless you purchase a vehicle report.

But I found it useful for looking up maintenance history, some of which go many years back, well before I owned the vehicles. Of course it's incomplete because not all shops submit data to Carfax.

The service allows you to enter in repair and maintenance history. There's even a checkbox for DIY services, and all the usual maintenance / repairs you can submit as DIY.

My questions is---- does the DIY stuff I report to Carfax via this app/website (I use it on my PC) actually get reported when some potential buyer down the road pulls a Carfax? If so, it makes sense for me to be religious about entering my oil changes and all other maintenance/repairs into the system. But a half hour into data entry, I realized if DIY services are not reported, I'm wasting my time. I already use Fuelly and SimplyAuto (both mobile apps) to log all my vehicle data (repairs, maintenance, fill-ups) and give me reminders.

To truly test this, I'd need to actually pay for a Carfax on my own vehicle. Not gonna happen at $39.99. OT, but Carfax must be literally raking in the dough, their price for reports has gone up nearly 10 fold since I last used them.

My questions is---- does the DIY stuff I report to Carfax via this app/website (I use it on my PC) actually get reported when some potential buyer down the road pulls a Carfax? If so, it makes sense for me to be religious about entering my oil changes and all other maintenance/repairs into the system.

To truly test this, I'd need to actually pay for a Carfax on my own vehicle. Not gonna happen at $39.99. OT, but Carfax must be literally raking in the dough, their price for reports has gone up nearly 10 fold since I last used them.
I use the carfax care care thing, it only reports shops that use carfax, you could theoretically submit your own application to be someone who can report to carfax (its not fraud if you are actually doing the maintenance yourself). DIY reporting does not show up.

I use the carfax care care thing, it only reports shops that use carfax, you could theoretically submit your own application to be someone who can report to carfax (its not fraud if you are actually doing the maintenance yourself). DIY reporting does not show up.
Bummer. That's a half hour of my life entering data into Carfax (that they'll likely sell to the highest bidder) I'll never get back.

I can see the abuse that would invite though, if they let every Tom, **** and Harry report DIY services without any verification.

FWIW, my '96 Maxima has Carfax service history going back to 1998, so it's a worthwhile service for those curious.

My understanding (read it somewhere) is that no, the DIY stuff, is only visible to you. It must only be connected to the account you/we create in the app.

Easy way to test it.... Give someone (spouse, friend, etc) the VIN and have them load it up into the app.

I can see the abuse that would invite though, if they let every Tom, **** and Harry report DIY services without any verification.
Yeah, im still going to try and open my own "shop" account so that I can post all data and it be visible😁

I've been using the Car Fax app to track my own maintenance for 3-4yrs now. Like said, the DIY maintenance items will only show up for the user name / password holder.

Back