Carburetor rebuild

Does anyone have a good write up or link to a youtube video so I can rebuild the carb on my 1991 year model Homelite 4kw generator? It has an 8 hp Flathead Briggs, I can get the model numbers if need be. I picked up the rebuild kit a few minutes ago.

Attachments

• 81DEA3E4-ECBB-43CA-8ABD-56E188224ABE.jpeg
    81DEA3E4-ECBB-43CA-8ABD-56E188224ABE.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 61
I remember Mustie1 doing a teardown of several carbs like that. There's a specific teardown order if I remember correctly as one of the jets has to be pulled completely out before it comes apart.

Just have to find the piece of equipment he was working on.

Look up James Condon and Mustie1 on Youtube, they have several videos doing small engine repairs, including carburetor overhauls.

just watched a Mustie youtube vid last night on him fixing up an older Toro 2 stage snow blower he curb picked...had the same type of carb on it.

Those style carburetors are very simple and easy to rebuild/clean as long as they aren't so corroded you can't get the main jet to unscrew. They are probably one of my favorite engines to work on. You can also find brand new carburetors for them for under $30 on Amazon if the old carb is too corroded to save.

They sell rebuild kits on Amazon for about $10. Comes with a brand new carburetor. Throw the old one away, bolt the new one on and be done with it.

Back