Car pulls AFTER tire rotation

First time ever experiencing this. 2010 mits galant. Fwd. I had an alignment done about 1.5 mnths ago and she drives straight as an arrow. Today i decided to do my 10k tire rotation. Simple back to front and front to back. Now the car pulls to the left. What in the world?!

First time ever experiencing this. 2010 mits galant. Fwd. I had an alignment done about 1.5 mnths ago and she drives straight as an arrow. Today i decided to do my 10k tire rotation. Simple back to front and front to back. Now the car pulls to the left. What in the world?!

You have what’s called coinicity.

An update- i was also feeling my steeing wheel vibrate. Went to the tire shop and they saw one of the front tires had a bubble in the tread. Put a new tire on.
as far as the pulling, it still pulls to the left

I've never had this happen with old tires, but I've experienced it a couple of times with new tires. A left to right exchange made it go away.

Then it's the other tire pushing the car left. Swap them from side-to-side and see if the car now pulls to the right.
Sometimes you just gotta rule out things. If this pulling changes then, you have radial pull(or push)... But I think it's really just called "radial pull". I really only experience this with G/Y tires and private label tires...when it does happen.

And although I don't think that brakes are your issue, while the tires are off, check for sticking front brakes too.

Last edited:
When I bought my ST, it had the original Goodyears on the front, and a brand new set of Westlakes on the rear. They literally mounted the tires, and parked the car on the used car line. After I bought it, the first thing I did was put a brand new set of matching Westlakes on the front. They're asymmetrical. The car tracked straight as an arrow, driving, coasting and accelerating. After I put 6,000 miles on them, I had them rotated, crossing the rears as they moved to the front. It's been pulling left, and trying to take the median during hard acceleration ever since. It's gotten a bit better since they've started to wear, but the tug is still there. The only thing I can attribute it to is an alignment issue on the rear, which has worn one or both of the tires strangely. When it's time for these tires to go, it will also get an alignment.

Update!
Went back to the tire shop. Since it was pulling to the left, had to the 2 front swapped to the opposite side. They checked the balance and both were perfectly balanced. I then test drove it and it pulled to the RIGHT now.

Update!
Went back to the tire shop. Since it was pulling to the left, had to the 2 front swapped to the opposite side. They checked the balance and both were perfectly balanced. I then test drove it and it pulled to the RIGHT now.

Is this the one with 5 plugs? lol

Back