Car fell off of jack... Don't do this....

I used to be that way. Now I try to do everything. Heck, if the engine was gone in this thing, I was contemplating going to HF, getting an engine crane, engine stand/etc., another floor jack and looking for a replacement engine and swapping it myself.

The shop I took it to (and use) told me that labor alone for an engine swap would be over $2500 for a CR-V! They said they just finished replacing a Hemi in a 2013 Ram truck and the bill was $12,000. Who puts $12k in a ~ 10 year old Ram?
We've put in a used Hemi for about $8000. $12k must be a new crate factory Hemi.

I used to be that way. Now I try to do everything. Heck, if the engine was gone in this thing, I was contemplating going to HF, getting an engine crane, engine stand/etc., another floor jack and looking for a replacement engine and swapping it myself.

The shop I took it to (and use) told me that labor alone for an engine swap would be over $2500 for a CR-V! They said they just finished replacing a Hemi in a 2013 Ram truck and the bill was $12,000. Who puts $12k in a ~ 10 year old Ram?
Well, two years ago, a friend of mine spent over $10K in engine repairs on a 2004 Ford F250 with the 6.0L. Truck only had about 75,000 miles on it so that was probably why. I personally wouldn't have.

Getting back to "car fell off jack", this incident is a good reminder on using the proper equipment and manufacturer jacking locations, including the use of notched, high-durometer rubber blocks for jacking up on the uni-body seams:

Using a Pittsburgh hydraulic jack to lift your Lexus Wow...

Getting back to "car fell off jack", this incident is a good reminder on using the proper equipment and manufacturer jacking locations, including the use of notched, high-durometer rubber blocks for jacking up on the uni-body seams:

Using a Pittsburgh hydraulic jack to lift your Lexus Wow...

I wish I knew why so many DIY guys operate in the realm of "good enough" when it comes to using proper equipment.

Back