Capri Vacuum Brake Bleeder

Hi Guys, bought a Capri Vacuum Brake Bleeder (CP21029), and had a failed attempt at brake bleeding over the weekend. The instructions say that it requires a compressor that can deliver 2 CFM. My 3-gallon says it provides 2.5CFM @ 90psi, and 3.4CFM @ 40psi. It was unable to suck more than just a dribble of brake fluid from any of the calipers / cylinders of my Laser, but did handily suck the master cylinder dry. I just ended up bleeding manually with someone pumping the pedal for me. Don't worry....I determined normal travel of the pedal, and then put a brick underneath it to match that travel distance during bleeding.

Would the performance gain of this bleeder be worth buying a bigger compressor, or am I just wasting time and money?

Not familiar with this bleeder. Is there a set of instructions on setup before tube first use? Maybe you didn't crack the bleeder screws enough?

this model needs minimum of 70 psi, so if your compressor dips below that...it might not work properly. When you were trying to vacuum at each caliper... did you have the cap on or off the top of brake fluid reservoir?

Reactions: JC1
Compressor was up to 155 at each attempt, reservoir cap off. I initially cracked open the bleeders just a hair, but slowlycranked up to180 degrees trying to make something happen. Just a dribble each time. Setup consists of connecting the vacuum hose to the tank, and hooking up the air line.

I'm going to try it again on my Focus and see if it acts any differently. Just wondering if anybody could testify to the real world CFM this thing requires.

Any update?
It had a hard time sucking fluid out of the rear calipers...took forever. But....I've since sold the Focus and bought a Mustang, and it made quick work of the Mustang's fluid. I was done in less than an hour.
This points to some sort of restriction when pulling fluid out the rear brakes of the Focus. I'm glad it wasn't the extractor.

Back