Can we talk cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be THAT guy!...from a Finnish study, article Link here: Link

[Linked Image]

People who pigeon hole other's based on the cars they drive are pompous nincompoops.

Good thing my 2019 Challenger R/T Shaker 5.7/6 speed manual isn't a luxury car. It's just a extension of me being a gear head.
cheers3.gif

I once knew a newly licensed RE broker who was faking it until he kinda made it, his 550i M-Package was repossessed along with his other vehicles, currently driving a used Bangle era 'flaming surface' 7-series; nothing but lies, fraud, scheming, forging signatures, taking advantage of people one-of-a-kind [censored] who goes to church without fail.

Highline status brands stokes the ego and in many cases do in fact inspire confidence and will in fact open doors:

this must read article explains it very well:
I Wore an Expensive Watch While Traveling, and People Treated Me Wayyy Differently!

Originally Posted by NO2
We both get stuck behind the old lady going 25 in 35 zone.

That's generous... people doing 45 in a 70 here.

I've gotten in more trouble with the law (automotive wise) in older non-de-script cars than anything flashy. My old beater Audi almost cost me my license (it was a hoot), and my old back country racers were nothing to look at, they just went ...

This article is like the Sierra Club wanting us to put on a second sweater and live in room with one LED. It's a biased view ...

I did a plumbing job with my good friend Scott.... The guy had a nice but not extravagant house in Newport News. Two nice high end European vehicles in the driveway...

And a beautiful and I mean hot/beautiful brunette lady came outside at one point... She was just as nice as beautiful too... Amazing combination.. She looked to be 20-25 years younger than the guy I had met earlier that day..

I asked my good friend Scott what the whole deal was there... He tells me, " let me tell ya something... That guy has a bank account with $75,000,000 dollars in it... And that lady who is his wife... She was in Playboy". ...

I ain't knocking nobody with higher end cars when they are nice themselves and have a lady that nice/beautiful.. .

Originally Posted by discountdon

'XXXX YOU -- that's my name! You know why, mister? Because you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an $80,000 BMW. That's my name!'

"Coffee's for closer's only" ...‚

Great movie. I've worked both inside/outside sales for the better part of 20yrs and this movie nails it. Period.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back