Can someone please explain this?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2005 Dodge SRT-4 5-speed manual. Owner's manual calls for ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid and 4 oz. of Mopar Limited Slip Friction Modifier. Can someone explain the theory behind this? There is an LSD in my car but it is not a clutch based LSD, it's a Quaife unit which is all gears.

Looking to improve the shifting in the car. 3rd gear can be an absolute b1tch to engage sometimes and it's a well known problem.

There is no explaining OEM. Maybe someone in engineering didn't explain to the tech writer that the LSD doesn't require the additive.

There are a bunch of good MTF substitutes. I wouldn't even bother with the OEM fluid.

Here's part of a reply that I received from Quaife America on this very topic, "The friction modifier is added to increase viscosity of the ATF used as the factory fill on this gearbox."

I'm kinda numb to transmission weights. Can someone help me out with what I need to look for? For instance, Royal Purple has a Synchromesh, which is supposed to be used in manual transmission that call for automatic transmissions. However, their website says it is not compatible with the SRT-4. What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back