Can I use quick detailer to clean off dried up rain water?

@rooflessVW
how would you rate the Aero Cosmetics WashWaxAll
vs the others..

That is what I am currently using.

I usually power wash car to get all the loose stuff off. then use it according to directions. but always looking for something better.

This is for a jeep. there will be no paint correction or excessive labor involved in cleaning it :p
I would rate it:

Expensive. 🤣

It's also not as versatile as the other products because it is ready to use. I find it a little too concentrated for interior use. It can be a pain to use in the sun.

I would rate it:

Expensive. 🤣

It's also not as versatile as the other products because it is ready to use. I find it a little too concentrated for interior use. It can be a pain to use in the sun.
So I will put the
https://www.autogeek.net/wg-uber-sio2-rinseless.html

on my list for next year. I have a 1/2 gallon left which will last me this year.

I usually use 303 for non shiny dash etc.. will this replace that?

@rooflessVW

it says they are buy one get one free but shows up full price? any ideas?

order one they send 2?

@john_pifer

if you buy from their site not autogeek its BOGO.

Edit: also bunch of other sales going on.
scroll through this list

Last edited:
You sold me! I’m going to order some and take your suggestion of keeping some in a covered bucket with some microfiber towels soaking for minor maintenance washing and interior.
I have read for years about ONR on this forum and finally bought some last year to convince myself I would not use it much. Really great stuff, especially for the uses noted in this thread. If it doesn’t rain during the week ONR works great for a weekly maintenance wash, and is fast......highly recommend....

I have read for years about ONR on this forum and finally bought some last year to convince myself I would not use it much. Really great stuff, especially for the uses noted in this thread. If it doesn’t rain during the week ONR works great for a weekly maintenance wash, and is fast......highly recommend....
I’d heard of “waterless washes” for a long time, but had always dismissed them out of hand because of the perceived risk of scratches.

But, the way I’ve heard of the “ONR-type” products described here (clean bucket of solution, 10+ soaking microfiber cloths, using spray bottle of solution to wet a panel down, using multiple microfiber cloths for a “wash-down”, not putting any used cloths back into the clean bucket), and, of course, not doing it when the car is too dirty, it makes a lot of sense for maintenance through the week on work days, etc, then, doing a normal wash with the garden hose on a day off.

I also like roofless’s idea of using a microfiber slightly damp with the solution to wipe down interior surfaces and screens, wirh no residue left behind except the slickness from the polymers and SiO2 that leaves it glossy.

I’d heard of “waterless washes” for a long time, but had always dismissed them out of hand because of the perceived risk of scratches.

But, the way I’ve heard of the “ONR-type” products described here (clean bucket of solution, 10+ soaking microfiber cloths, using spray bottle of solution to wet a panel down, using multiple microfiber cloths for a “wash-down”, not putting any used cloths back into the clean bucket), and, of course, not doing it when the car is too dirty, it makes a lot of sense for maintenance through the week on work days, etc, then, doing a normal wash with the garden hose on a day off.

I also like roofless’s idea of using a microfiber slightly damp with the solution to wipe down interior surfaces and screens, wirh no residue left behind except the slickness from the polymers and SiO2 that leaves it glossy.
Agreed. I succumbed to the Big Red Sponge hype and really like it. I’m also going to try the ONR on the interior. I keep some in a spray bottle for bird bombs and such. The dilution ratio makes the stuff super inexpensive to use...

If you can feel stuff on the surface you should wash it again. One of the best things to do if washing at home is to make certain you dry the car off and do not let "city water" dry on your car. There are things in the "city water" that when left to dry will leave hard spots on your paint and can even permamnently mess up the paint surface if you keep doing that. Lots of place even sell and add on filter for your at home hose to prevent those spots. Its hard for some to accept but it is a fact that rain water will not do that spotting like the city water does.

If you can feel stuff on the surface you should wash it again. One of the best things to do if washing at home is to make certain you dry the car off and do not let "city water" dry on your car. There are things in the "city water" that when left to dry will leave hard spots on your paint and can even permamnently mess up the paint surface if you keep doing that. Lots of place even sell and add on filter for your at home hose to prevent those spots. Its hard for some to accept but it is a fact that rain water will not do that spotting like the city water does.
Which depends on what city, when I lived in the City of Milwaukee the water was extremely soft but now with well water it is very hard.

Back