Can I use Ford coolant in my 2017 Subaru Impreza?

I have a 2017 Subaru Impreza 4wd w/ Eyesight. I went to the local Subaru dealer yesterday to buy Subaru coolant. They didn't have the OEM coolant, and I was about to leave. However, I mentioned to the person at the desk that I would be doing a coolant flush because I added some green coolant (cheap stuff) to my OEM coolant a few months ago. He said, if I was going to flush the system, I can use the Ford Motorcraft gold concentrate coolant. I was happy to hear this because I am not in the US where I can just buy it off Amazon, and it seems I cannot get it shipped here either. I bought it, but now I am wondering if it was a bad idea. I have not started doing anything yet, so I was wondering if anyone here may be able to give me some further advice. This is my first time doing coolant change (I think it is something I should learn). Any help, advise and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

This is what you need:

1684721173828.jpg

This is where you get it fast: https://www.amazon.com/PEAK-Extended-Coolant-Antifreeze-Vehicles/dp/B08PNKLJV3.

Good luck!

It seems there may be some restriction on importing coolant to my country. However, the link offered some good information.
DESIGNED FOR ASIAN VEHICLES: Recommended for use with Acura, Honda, Infiniti, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, and Suzuki vehicles that require a BLUE Phosphate-enhanced Organic Acid Technology (POAT) formula

I did a quick Google on the Ford Gold concentrated antifreeze coolant I bought, and it is HOAT formula. The Yellow label one. Which means it is not compatible, instead they should have sold me Ford Motorcraft Yellow if they were selling me a ford brand.

I just started learning about HOAT and POAT so I may be wrong. In which case if I cannot get that peak one you sent I will have to find another POAT brand locally.

Most coolants today will work for most any kind of radiator - cast iron, or especially for asian, aluminium. No nitrates borates silicates and you're good. Color is less of an indicator of what works for a particular car. Get whatever says "all vehicle coolant" or "asian vehicle coolant" and it will quite probably work just fine for you. As long as you drain the old coolant and fill afresh, you should be fine

OK @SureshR To conclude. This one says Ford Gold and contains silicates based on my research, so I should take it back and get another in line with your posts above.

Thank you

Yeah. Went out and bought it. They didn't have concentrate, so I got prediluted 2 gallons. I'll come back here to let everyone know if it destroyed my car haha

Back