Can anyone identify this electrical plug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaced a few solenoids in my dryer, however the plug overheated somehow on one of the solenoids that was changed. A new wire harness is $80, abs or would be beneficial to find just a compatible plug. Note, this plug goes straight into a solenoid, otherwise I would replace male and female plug. I do not see any sign of burning anywhere else.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

20180908_134825.jpg

20180908_134818.jpg

20180908_134814.jpg

If you have the old solenoid, you can take it to a parts store and see if they have plugs.

But I'd just look for the flat push on terminals as described above. Might put some heat shrink on them if you are concerned about making inadvertent contact and just connect them to the terminals on the solenoid.

Maybe someone who works on the same model has an old harness where you could cut out the same plug....

Last edited:
Look over Mouser Electronics website. Surely you can find something to wire it back up without having to buy a new wiring harness.

That's a really common terminal

Find a place that "Buys junk appliances" and they might sell you the whole harness for $5

You might be able to get a jewler's screwdriver in there to unhook the spring loaded tab that jams the connector in the plastic. Will give you a better look, and might be able to let you use a generic terminal from Mouser in your proprietary plastic piece.

Can you solder the wires directly to the solenoid blades? If you can, you can solder any connector you want on there, or just connect the wires directly and tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back