Called Exxon Mobil

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Said 'sand' type of particulate in bottom of M1 (tdt) was due to additive dropout. Happens to oil that's sat around. Shake all motor oil before pouring. Have had this question before.

2) Concoured with thought that Mobil 1 (tdt) 5-4o is infact stoutest, highest cleaning Mobil 1 product on market.

3) Heard of BITOG.

4) Said 'de-varnishing' quality of (tdt) is unsurpassed when used in non-M1 using applications.

5) Thanked another happy Mobil 1 client.

-A

I have had the "sand" type of particulate on some of my Pennzoil Platinum bottles. Shaking it doesn't make it go away for me, but I don't worry about it...
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for posting!

Had it to ... Shaking dissolved it .. But I replaced that bottle anyway im Paranoic.

Originally Posted By: ARMY_Guy

2) Concoured with thought that Mobil 1 (tdt) 5-4o is infact stoutest, highest cleaning Mobil 1 product on market.

Did he have an opinion on the stoutest Xw30 they sell? I really want to get away from running 5w40 in my 2 engines with HV oil pumps. Too much wasted load on the pump drive.

No sir, but their # is 1-800-662-4525 incase you want to ask them. I'd love to find out that info as well. I'm going to give the GC a shot in the Jeep in the winter, I'm nervous though - I really like the (TDT). I'm wondering if it'll be a good replacement in my 'family' fleet:

2oo5 Hondai Sonata
2oo2 Mazda Protege'
2ooo Dodge Neon
2oo2 VW Golf TDI

I think the (tdt) would de-varnish them all, but am a little worried that it's too thick for the 1st 3. It'll be a good new oil for my best friend's VW, I called VW, and they said they don't use a diesel specific motor oil during their service. Oh oh Tony.

-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back