California emissions fuel pump?

The Altima needs a new fuel pump. I opened up the pump door and it doesn't look like any of the pumps online that fit the car. So I'm wondering if California emissions has a different fuel pump. The VIN doesn't tell me anything. This is the sticker under the hood. Can someone verify that this is California emissions.

Attachments

• 20201213_155921.jpg
    20201213_155921.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 207
  • 20201213_153111.jpg
    20201213_153111.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 198
Got pictures of the pumps online? Would be very surprised if the pumps in california would be different. Or anywhere for emissions reasons. All the pump does is keep the fuel to a set pressure. Of course there's also a fuel gauge built in.

Keep in mind there are some states that follow California emissions. So your vehicle might have such emissions. Note: Only vehicles sold new in California get a better manufactures warranty on some emissions related components.

The Altima needs a new fuel pump. I opened up the pump door and it doesn't look like any of the pumps online that fit the car. So I'm wondering if California emissions has a different fuel pump. The VIN doesn't tell me anything. This is the sticker under the hood. Can someone verify that this is California emissions.
That looks like the CA pump with 1 line (returnless) , the others have 2 (return or canister).

yup occasionally you’ll see these unique CA only setups. there’s also the infamous SULEV BMW 325i with the pump integrated into the tank, sold one for 1000 bucks used but they’ve come down a little bit now i’ve heard.

On the left is a fuel pump I purchased a while ago. It's a regular fuel pump for a 2006 Altima. Can I use the parts to rebuild the California fuel pump? I'm not sure what the difference is.
20201213_152200.jpg

I would guess you could swap just the motor and possibly sending unit. Look for a part # on the pump motor itself. This may be one of those things you do it and try it, if it works good if not nothing lost or gained just a little time.

if thats a pic of the pump in the tank your lucky. like my traded 2001 jetta lift the seat, unscru the cover + pull the pump! the need to drop the tank is a PITA that adds $$$ to the repair

Yes a lot easier than dropping the tank. But it is noisier. I thought for a while there was something wrong with the new pump. There isn't much insulation with that hole. I tried adding some but you can still hear it.

My truck was sold in Georgia new but says something like your label, federal and Calif qualified. I found it has the federal intake manifold 8 port, while the Calif sold new would have had a completely different 4 port manifold. The label doesn't mean it was sold new in Calif, at least not on mine.

I took the old pump apart. In this particular case it was the California emissions pump assembly. The pump and the fuel pressure regulator are located in a position where the plastic chassis degrades over time being inside the gas tank. Which causes a separation of an o-ring which seals the fuel line. Which causes a leak down. Only when warm for some reason. That makes it hard to start until the line is primed again. The only answer is to replace the entire unit. A new o-ring does not take up the gap. This is not a problem with a non-california emissions fuel pump because it's configured differently. I know because I initially purchased the wrong one so I have both. It's just one of those crazy things you find owning a Nissan.

Back