Cabinet style screwdrivers

Most people don't think much about screwdrivers, until they have to deal with difficult to reach screws. The Snap On "long cabinet" screwdriver is a unique creation that can solve a bunch of interesting problems.

1) It's a #2 Phillips
2) It's shaft diameter is that of a #1 Phillips (small diameter shaft)
3) It's really long
4) It's quite flexible, so it will bend nicely in use.

It will remove a screw that has a component that would block a conventional screwdriver, and it will go around a slight corner with no issues at all. It will also remove a screw that is on the edge, inside a box. Where a conventional screwdriver would be at an angle.

I recently purchased one and it's fantastic. I'll see if I can get a pic of it in use.
SHDP162R.jpg

These are very handy. The flat head ones come in handy too. These are pretty much a requirement for getting to hose clamps in the very back of the engine of my van that you can’t reach from the inside dog house and a regular driver is too short to reach from the outside under the hood and a socket won’t fit.

I have every one Snap-on makes, All the flat heads have a notch that I ground in them for trans case snap rings. They actually have good torsional characteristics for their small diameter

I have a set of four Cornwell cabinet screwdrivers. Two phillips and two flat. I have them mostly for working inside transfer switches. Excellent tools.
Every time I break them out I hold one up and say to my brother The doctor told me to stay away from work.
After 25 years of that he gets crazy. Stop saying that!

I've never heard of a "cabinet tip" phillips screwdriver. I thought cabinet and keystone were to two types of slotted screwdriver blade tips?

There's no such thing as a cabinet tip Phillips screwdriver, and if there was then they all would be a cabinet tip. The "long cabinet" means its a long screwdriver useful for getting a recessed fasteners in electrical cabinets. If you only work on Japanese and European cars than they're quite useless, and the extra length generally gets in the way. Headlight adjustment on some American cars and trucks is where they would be needed.

It's just a #2 Phillips tip. Nothing special about the tip.

However, it's a righteous tool that does things other long screwdrivers can't.
SO's Phillips tips are quite good.

In the original post, is that the picture of a #SGDP122BR?

Back