Buying oil from Walmart online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to stock up on some SynPower to mix with my VR1 and have noticed that Walmart sells it for $21 online but $25 at the store. Currently it appears that they are doing free shipping to your home so this is where my question comes in.

Would it be best to buy online and pick up at store or should I take advantage of their free shipping and have it shipped to my house?

Also, I assume they are going to charge me tax but can anyone confirm?

Lastly, has anyone else done this?

SideNote: They also sell Maxlife ATF Dex/Merc for 15.50 a gallon, I am thinking about getting this too if the Synpower works out, free shipping too.

Really? Hrm... a few months ago they didn't even have an automotive department online. If you pick up in the store they do charge tax.

They don't have to collect tax if you're not a state resident but if you and any WalMart store reside in the same state, then you have to pay sales tax on the same basis as if you were buying at the store.

I'm sure they will charge tax.

Why not add the oil to your online shopping cart and then 'check out' to see if tax will be added.

I know there will be tax. I tried the same thing with my d5100 nikon and there was tax. If there is a walmart store in your state, you will pay tax, unless your in Delaware or something like taht with no tax. Maybe you can even order online and pick up in store? But I guess if its free shipping that's a deal.

You can beat the ATF price with Advance's coupon deals if there's a one of those near you.

WM B&M is all snarky about how they don't match WM.com.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
You can beat the ATF price with Advance's coupon deals if there's a one of those near you.

WM B&M is all snarky about how they don't match WM.com.

true...

My only worry about shipping to my house is that they may stick me with some really old jugs (I highly doubt but could happen).

The ML ATF is cheaper at AAP with 40% off but you need to get to 50 bucks and I don't always have enough and don't like to pad the order. This is something I won't have to tackle for a few months thou but the motor oil is a "stash now" thing for me.

dubie2003 said:
My only worry about shipping to my house is that they may stick me with some really old jugs (I highly doubt but could happen).

I ordered a synpower 5qt case and one of the jugs arrived leaking. I didn't check the age, but it's possible it was old. I had to drive it back to the store.
They do charge sales tax.

Ordered online. Picked up this evening. All jugs are new. Very simple and saved me 12bucks (21 each online, 25 each in-store) plus the Valvoline rebate, total price is 21*3+tax=66-20 rebate=46 out of pocket total.

Total price per qt is just over 3 bucks.

I bought oil from Walmart.com. Pleasant experience. I ordered (2) 5-quart jugs of Maxlife 5W-30, and (1) 5-quart jug of NextGen Maxlife 5W-30.

What did they ship? 2 CASES (4 5-quart jugs total) of Maxlife 5W-30, and 1 CASE of NextGen Maxlife (3 5-quart jugs total) 5W-30. Can's say as I'll complain about some Walmart workers stupidity. I now have oil for 35-40k miles.

I've recently bought three 5-gallon jugs of oil from Walmart.com (2 SynPower, 1 MaxLife). With free shipping or in-store pickup, it's a great thing. I have no idea why SynPower is $21 online but $25 in the stores.

Ordering through Walmart.com has been the only way I've been able to obtain full syn MaxLife.

They charge sales tax no matter what, so if you need the oil now, pick it up, otherwise may as well have it shipped.

Order it through MrRebates.com when you order from Walmart.com and you will get 3% back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back