buy at dealer or ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i now have 2 hyundais that use the same filter. i bought one at the dealer and it cost me $9 for it. i want to stock up on a few and am looking at these ebay ones. heard of counterfeits .

what do you think? buy from dealer or ebay?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OEM-Hyundai-Kia-Oil-Filter-26300-35503-26300-35504-with-Washer-QTY-3/111778268319?hash=item1a0681049f:g:bmgAAOxyeglTao8a:sc:USPSPriority!98144!US!-1

Nine bucks is too much, Local Hyundai near me charged about 5 bucks.

Did the writer know you bought your car there? Or maybe you didn't buy your car there.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Nine bucks is too much, Local Hyundai near me charged about 5 bucks.

Did the writer know you bought your car there? Or maybe you didn't buy your car there.

it was even more at the parts dept where i bought the hyundais.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Walmart now sells the OEM Hyundai oil filter. I think I paid $5.71 for it at the store.

have not seen it at my local WM's. they have toyota though

Originally Posted by SirTanon
Amazon - $6.72 and includes a new crush washer for your drain plug

This is where I used to buy them for my old 1.6T Veloster, RockAuto also carries them for 5.XX each. IIRC, premium guards are the same spec for Hyundai's.

I agree with Walmart being a good place to buy it
smile.gif

Another place is Napa, since the Napa Gold seems to be a reboxed OE Hyundai Mann. If it is marked "Made in Korea" then it is the reboxed OE filter. The Wix-branded version will also be a reboxed OE Msnn, so O'Reilly or anywhere else that sells Wix will have the filter.

Lots of dealers sell on ebay - just don't buy Chinese knockoffs....look at the ebay brand description and seller background.

From a Hyundai dealership or Zoro, etc, on ebay is fine. All the others have to find the filters from sources at very low prices. That opens the door to buying fakes or seconds. Unless it is an official retailer like a dealer or WM, they are second hand filters and have no warranty. I went through this on a name brand tool and the company actually looked up the source retailer, which was not the ebay seller posing as one. No warranty except to first retail buyer which was not me. Most things on ebay are surplus/auction/yard sale/stolen and have no warranty unless stated in writing.

i think i will just buy them at the dealer. at least i have the reciept to show them if they try to pull something if something happens to one of the engines.

If you buy on Ebay just make sure it is a Kia dealership such as "galeanaautogroup" which is Galeana Kia, Ft. Myers, FL. I made a purchase from them and they included the Kia parts invoice for proof of purchase from an authorized dealer. I verified that they are an authorized dealer prior to making my purchase.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back