Ebay Hyundai OEM filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this 10 pack and then remembered some mention here about fake Hyundai filters being around. I questioned the seller and he says they are genuine and to just compare to one from the dealer. I don't want to cut open a filter, any information on other clues to identifying fakes? ebay filters

His eBay feedback looks good. Looks like he has sold quite a few of those as well as Mopar ones and other similar items. I wouldn't worry about it. If the price was unusually low and he had little or no feedback I would be more concerned.

There is a video on YouTube about Hyundai filters. They example they give is to check the wording on the can, unfortunately it's in Korean. I have also seen one webpage about the subject, but the example they gave was the same.

I think you should be able to tell with a high degree of accuracy if you just look down the center tube. The filters I have in stock have the Hyundai symbol on the bypass valve, and you can easily see through the center tube that media has nice even pleats, and it looks like there is a lot of it. Based on the examples of counterfeit filters, you should be able to tell the difference.

Quote:
I think you should be able to tell with a high degree of accuracy if you just look down the center tube. The filters I have in stock have the Hyundai symbol on the bypass valve, and you can easily see through the center tube that media has nice even pleats, and it looks like there is a lot of it. Based on the examples of counterfeit filters, you should be able to tell the difference.

Yeah it looks good to me. I got these because even with shipping the price is less than the dealers and the parts shop is never open when I'm not working. Very convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back