Butter...Imported???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am now trying Land O' Lakes European Style butter. Normally priced $5.99-$6.59 / lb...but I got it on sale @ $2.97...and a good thing too. Definitely unimpressed. Would be very unhappy if I had paid full price. Nothing to distinguish it from regular LOL or even the Kroger brand. Nothing bad about it, but absolutely no difference in taste.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
There used to be a surplus of butter in Europe, especially in France. So it made sense to sell at any price in stead of destroying. But the glut seems finished and prices have risen for bulk butter. I'd expect the situation to change...

I have yet to see any lesser supply or higher price for either French or Irish butter. In fact, I continue to buy the French butter on sale and have three pkgs of it on hand right now.

Didn't hear any more about it either. Haven't checked price evolution lately. But I suspect it'll be a process, the prices rising as you need more demand than supply...

Didn't hear any more about it either. Haven't checked price evolution lately. But I suspect it'll be a process, the prices rising as you need more demand than supply...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back