BT Oil

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by kschachn
It appears on the API EOLCS, so in accordance with the labeling on the container it is API SN licensed. That is all you can tell for sure, anything else is speculation.

And the only thing that is nonsense here is that picture of the two oil pans. I would avoid the product based on that unsubstantiated and goofy marketing.

Hold on a minute ..

Seriously.... Havoline did a video tear down of two motors... Their Havoline Pro DS vs another oil.

And the Havoline Pro DS oil pan looked like the one that has used this BT 5w30 oil.

Nothing wrong with pictures like that in my opinion.

No but I would trust Chevron a lot more than I would a company I had never heard of.

Look at the website for BT....

Far more information than other motor oil websites. Look at all the ASTM testing results posted on there. Quite interesting.

Being that this place is in Indianapolis.... I'd bet this could well be affiliated with Pinnacle Oil located in Indianapolis as well...

I decided to contact BT for some additional info on this oil.
I asked for PPM on some antiware and detergent additives and whether it is dexos1 gen2 or if they're planing to be licensed.

Their reply had this.

Link to API Cert. t.ly/eR0o

Calcium (Ca) 2300

Magnesium (Mg) 10

Zinc (Zn) 850

Molybdenum (Mo) 115

Titanium (Ti) n/a

Boron (B) 40

"We are not currently certified or tested against Dexos1 Gen2, therefore I would not recommend use in those applications."

Based on the above I decided not to even try this.

Back