Brothers Toner Cartridge where to Buy

Last year, I purchase a Brothers Laser HL-2300 printer and has meet all my expectations. I was looking at buying a replacement cartridge but the cost is 1/2 of what I paid for the printer. So I am know looking for an aftermarket cartridge for the printer. Amazon has a few brands but I am not familiar with none of them.

In the past, I had an Epson printer that did not like after market stuff and it went to the dumpster, ink way to expensive.

I have tried aftermarket toner and have gone back to OEM. But that is a general statement. Not saying there are not some good aftermarket toner products available. I have gone to high capacity toner cartridges where available. But toner is not cheap. The high capacity toner for my Zerox (4 colors) were almost $600 for a printer that was less than $300.

I do have some toner saver options for printing that I use where appropriate.

I've used generic toner and ink from this place (4inkjets.com) with pretty good luck in the past. The Brother branded toner cartridges from Amazon and Walmart are pretty reasonable though.

I also have an HL-2300 and I'd never go back to ink jet.
Yes, the toner is expensive.
I bought the TN660 cartridge from Amazon earlier this year for about $55.
The price is hard to swallow but the thing works flawlessly and its not unusual to get 2500 pages out of one of these.

Highly recommended.

See my comments about Brother carts on the topic here:

If you don't want to refill with bulk toner then I'd get new OEM from Amazon, waiting for a good momentary price 'cuz Amazon plays games like that.

Last edited:
My 15 years old Brother HL 5140 has taught me to by OEM. They outlast and outperform the generic ones ( I have bought ).

Reactions: Y_K
Brother DCP-L2550dw here, bought almost 3 years ago and using Amazon bought toner after original one ran out.
Had used and am happy so far with these:
- Catch Supplies Compatible Toner Cartridge Replacement for Brother
- LINKYO Compatible Toner Cartridge Replacement for Brother

I normally buy 2-packs to save a little more and to always have an extra cartridge on hands.
Catch were US$30 for 2 pack, Linkyo were C$38 for 2 pack, either one had High Yield carts rated 3000 pages each.

Reactions: Y_K
Back