Bringing car back from storage

Oil is fine. The concern would be the gasoline - did you add a stabilizer? Pain to drain so I would just add 3 gallons of fresh fuel for every 3 you burn off - maybe a couple times. Do not overfill the tank.

It's great you get those awesome Mazda / Tokyo Roki filters. So important in a modern engines health.

I hope you fared O.K. through the disastrous wildfires. I read you are still having air quality concerns.
We get that smoke all the way over here in Southern New England and it is sad. - Ken

Just a bit dramatic , eh ? Anyway , I wouldn't tell anybody to do anything I wouldn't do myself . And as it turns out , the sky wasn't falling after all ..
And I didn't see where you " informed " the op of anything other than the gas might be a concern . You were too busy dogging on me . ;)
Go re-read post #11 ;) lol

Go re-read post #11 ;) lol
Ok , I missed that one . Again , A vehicle that was driven once a month , gas was added , fresh oil change and a one year one old battery on a trickle charger . You're free to keep trying but I'm not seeing it .. But I know there are folks here that would lose sleep over this scenario . It's obvious where you stand on this so we'll just have to agree to disagree .

Ok , I missed that one . Again , A vehicle that was driven once a month , gas was added , fresh oil change and a one year one old battery on a trickle charger . You're free to keep trying but I'm not seeing it .. But I know there are folks here that would lose sleep over this scenario . It's obvious where you stand on this so we'll just have to agree to disagree .
Look dude.. I can't debate or argue with *DIY, *you (*grouping the DIY not necessarily you personally) will do what ever *you think is correct, I can however give advise based on what I do for a living experienced, educated and certified, even have owned several shops and have done for over 40 years. :)

Have a nice day!

Look dude.. I can't debate or argue with *DIY, *you (*grouping the DIY not necessarily you personally) will do what ever *you think is correct, I can however give advise based on what I do for a living experienced, educated and certified, even have owned several shops and have done for over 40 years. :)

Have a nice day!
Your resume doesn't change the facts of this situation . And if you " can't debate or argue ..." then stop already . And my day is going pretty well .

See my post above . Keep reading it until you get it . No need to reply . But you will ...;)

It's good to be back after a year or so of not having too much garage access or use of this site.
All forums are like this. You apparently don't belong to to many. You should try a science forum like Quantum Physic's, wow maybe that why I have some less the the best manors on forums. LOL Also motorcycle and Gun forums everyone is experts from birth and they all let you know that. Now I will say the HO Train Forum (mostly old guys) everyone is helpful ,polite? . Here is something funny, on some auto related forums that members(DIY) have purchased through one of my retailers my parts on their vehicle I engineered and developed , without knowing who I am they will argue with how the parts were designed and engineered and how they could have done better. LOL think about that.. wow! LOL
I joined this forum expecting a high level of empirical information primarily about OIL.
I have made a few new friends, and other definitions since I joined. I am still learning about who the members are that have Technically better information based on experience and not finding answers on the internet as well a few DIY that are rather MacGyver experienced but have good resolution and problems solving techniques and information.

Drive it! 🙃

I bought the Elantra after a year of sitting outside, under 6 feet of snow for the winter, then in a field for 7 months. jumped the battery and drove away!.

It had oil change right before it sat, so the oil had 100 miles on it. I drove it for a month on the "old" oil before changing it out for Synthetic. That's the only reason i changed it.. The oil was still clear on the stick, and engine had zero abnormal sounds. Same with the gas, it had a 1/2 of tank of year old top-tier gas. not even a misfire or check engine light, and pulled almost 30 MPG right off from the start. Ran it to empty and filled up with ethanol free, zero fuel issues to report, even after a year of sitting.

Im starting to think us BITOG members over think things.
Not only yes but @#** yes.

Top up with fresh gas and drive it!
Do you know how many motorcycles sit all Winter on a trickle charger or occasional charge and we just crank them up and run with no prob!
It's been driven to dry out the oil, it's had not so old gas in it.
Yea, beat me up because his car is special, not a motorcycle, and you're an expert. As I've said before, I go by actual results.

Back