Brights on because low beams are burnt out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Dinoburner
Around here there a lot of morons installing very bright off road light bars and other style led and using them on road.

Around here there are a lot of folks running what appear to be fog lights with high beams inside.

Legally you are supposed to shut those off in the presence of oncoming traffic, but instead they flip to low beams while leaving the lower spot lights on aimed into your face.

And yeah usually my lights burn out simultaneously, on one car I had a high beam burn out but I could turn on all 4 lights and 3 was livable

I don't know who's worse, these people or the chuckle-heads who drive around with no lights on because they don't realize that because their dash is lit up it doesn't mean their lights are on...

Originally Posted by opus1
I don't know who's worse, these people or the chuckle-heads who drive around with no lights on because they don't realize that because their dash is lit up it doesn't mean their lights are on...

3rd option, the people who don't bother to let the chuckle-heads know there lights are off. I have pulled along side of people and told them their lights are off. If oncoming, I switch my lights off and on and tgat usually does the trick. (I know some vehicles don't have a off on them).
I guess, I get more [censored] off at everyone else that won't let someone know they forgot to turn their lights on. Not realizing that your lights are not on is an honest mistake. Not letting them know is a willfull act of negligence.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Originally Posted by c502cid
Not sure if it's good or bad in the long run but my 2017 Super Duty is the low end version with halogen bulbs. On low beams, all 4 bulbs are lit up, on high beams all four bulbs are lit up with the top two going bright. I'm flashed all the time, and not sure I blame them, because when I saw another truck like mine come down the road I sure thought their brights were on too.

On the positive side, for halogens, the truck has pretty decent lighting!
Yes, I'm not loving the newer Ford SD headlights either. Especially when they're carrying some weight and those 4 headlights are pointing up in oncoming drivers' faces. Even the DRL settings are pretty bright. When did Ford start having DRLs, anyway? My company '18 Transit doesn't have them, I always thought the DRL was a stupid light bulb eating idea anyway.

I'm 99% sure my Super Duty doesn't have DRL's. I wonder if they do on the non Halogen trucks with the LED's.

Originally Posted by SLO_Town
It's not even a matter of low beams being burned out. I'm amazed at the number of people who drive during the daytime with their brights on! New car brights are bright! It's their equivalent of the "Baby On Board" stickers. Apparently, they feel more important than the other folks on the road.

Scott

Most people I see doing this during the day are ancient unfortunately.... they probably don't even realize what's going on with their vehicle let alone what settings the lights are on.

Last edited:
I've noticed lately every new car, especially pickups have insanely bright headlights. Even the low beams. I swear, I want to put some LED headlight bulbs in my truck just to fight back. Light will go everywhere since they're not designed for that. I'm not the type of person to do that though.
Back to the original subject... I have to remove the entire front bumper cover to service my bulbs so I usually swap out everything when I have to do one. I did make the little side marker lights and my daytime running lights LED so I don't have to bother with them much. Seems to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back