Bridgestone Weatherpeak

A 2018 Camry. I live in northern California. Rarely drive in the snow, but do go up to Reno occasionally.
Honestly, I’d put up with chains during snowfall and get a touring/HPAS tire on that Camry. Caltrains will make you put on chains anyway.

I feel these new “all-climate” tires are compelling but there’s compromise. Unless it’s been proven they can get through the snow when worn. With the rise of AWD, I have a feeling these new batch of 3PMSF tires play to a certain crowd, *cough*Subaru*cough*.

Honestly, I’d put up with chains during snowfall and get a touring/HPAS tire on that Camry. Caltrains will make you put on chains anyway.

I feel these new “all-climate” tires are compelling but there’s compromise. Unless it’s been proven they can get through the snow when worn. With the rise of AWD, I have a feeling these new batch of 3PMSF tires play to a certain crowd, *cough*Subaru*cough*.
Subaru owners tend to put All-terrain tires with the 3PMSF logo on it.

At 3 months and 1500 miles the Weatherpeaks are doing OK. About a month ago I had a TPMS sensor changed. When they reinstalled the tire it got a bubble in it when they inflated. So that tire was replaced. Earlier this week I noticed a minor vibration and took it back to Discount Tire. They said the previous tech had put weights in two locations on one side and that may have been the problem. They rebalanced with the proper weight in just one spot. On smooth roads the ride is smooth. On rougher highway surfaces there is a very slight rough feel in the steering wheel. The tires are a little louder than the previous Yokohama Avids, which I attribute to the more aggressive tread of the Weatherpeak. I haven't run it hard yet in wet weather. I would say the tires are fine, but need more time to make judgement call on whether they are a great tire, which I hope they turn out to be.

At 3 months and 1500 miles the Weatherpeaks are doing OK. About a month ago I had a TPMS sensor changed. When they reinstalled the tire it got a bubble in it when they inflated. So that tire was replaced. Earlier this week I noticed a minor vibration and took it back to Discount Tire. They said the previous tech had put weights in two locations on one side and that may have been the problem. They rebalanced with the proper weight in just one spot. On smooth roads the ride is smooth. On rougher highway surfaces there is a very slight rough feel in the steering wheel. The tires are a little louder than the previous Yokohama Avids, which I attribute to the more aggressive tread of the Weatherpeak. I haven't run it hard yet in wet weather. I would say the tires are fine, but need more time to make judgement call on whether they are a great tire, which I hope they turn out to be.
What are your thoughts now that a bit more time has gone by? I'm looking at getting the Weatherpeaks or CC2's for a 2018 Chevy Equinox. Right now the Weatherpeaks have a nice $150 discount at Costco, but I'm not finding a lot of info on them.

Buddy of mine has these tires on his car. They are incredibly quiet and soft riding. Only thing I noticed is the tread will no way last 70K. When we did his rotation at 5000 miles, the fronts were uniformly at 7/32 and the rears at 8.5/32. Maybe they wear to a certain level and stay there....will find out at the next rotation.

Back