Brian Westbrook is the Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody see the Eagles/Cowboys game?

Brian Westbrook had a clear shot for the end zone with just over 2 minutes on the clock, Eagles up 10-6.

Instead of running it in for the score, he fell down on the 1 yard line to keep the clock running (Dallas had no time outs). McNabb took a knee a couple of times and the game was over. Basically sacrificed a touchdown for himself in order to make it impossible for the Cowboys to pull off a miracle.

How many guys would do that? It's the football equivalent of throwing yourself on a hand grenade. I hope Terrell Owens was watching closely...

That was great. He's been the player on the team over the last 5 years. I want McNabb and Reid to go. It's been a nice run over the last 5 or so years but I want a change. I still can't get beyond the fact that we have never had good WR's. Reid is so stubborn.

54.gif

I didn't see it, but WHY wouldn't they want to go up 17 - 6 ?

At worst 16 -6, if they miss the PAT.

Maybe if the score had been 7-6, I could think it makes sense -- then their PAT would be important. If they missed, 13-6 would leave them still vulnerable.

I think I'm missing something.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Yeah, it takes away the possibility of a quick score and an onside kick and another score.

It's a pretty remote chance, but it's a chance.

And given the Eagles' luck Dallas would have pulled off a miracle!

I thought he might score because this did leave it open for a messed up snap and a Dallas recover. I think going up 17-6 is the way to go IMHO. Either way Westbrook is an awesome player.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
I thought he might score because this did leave it open for a messed up snap and a Dallas recover. I think going up 17-6 is the way to go IMHO. Either way Westbrook is an awesome player.

Good point, I hadn't looked at it that way. The amazing thing was that (whether it was the right move or not) the needs of the team were foremost on his mind!

That was a totally unselfish move on his part. You just got to respect that. The old mantra of "just win, baby" surely was in his thinking process. He totally eliminated that threat. Also, you know it's something he did on his own. As bad as they were playing, you know the coach didn't say "if you get in the end zone, don't score." If this were a college game, you know a player would have went in.

Phew. I've been a Cowboys fan ever since I was in 3rd grade. I did see that, and thought it was stupid (and vert smart) :)

I am not a big fan of intentional walks in baseball, either.
This is something a lawyer would like - legally within the rules, but chicken doo doo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back