Brand New Car - What oil to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so for warranty, if doing the changes yourself (?), you need to have receipts for the oil & filters and log the changes in the back of the owners manual. Pick something you know absolutely meets factory spec.

Out of warranty or track days, different situation ...

Yes, I generally do oil changes myself. I can't really say why. I guess it's just like hanging out with your car for awhile. Feels good.

Originally Posted By: The_Sock_Monkey
Yes, I generally do oil changes myself. I can't really say why. I guess it's just like hanging out with your car for awhile. Feels good.

Like man and machine bonding?
wink.gif
LOL I know the feeling. Recently I spent the better part of an hour laying on the floor under the steering wheel bonding with my van changing the push rod cover gasket.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: The_Sock_Monkey

Like man and machine bonding?
wink.gif
LOL I know the feeling. Recently I spent the better part of an hour laying on the floor under the steering wheel bonding with my van changing the push rod cover gasket.

Yes, but not in a creepy way. lol

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Chrysler product calling for 5W20, under warranty, use an oil that meets the MS6395 spec. Pennzoil comes to mind and is the factory fill for Chrysler.

This. Use Pennzoil Platinum and call it a day. It may not be as sexy as some boutique oil but at least you know it's a quality product. And you can find it pretty much everywhere at a good price. Don't overthink this.

+1 PP and use the OEM filter (while under warranty.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back