Brad Penn Penn Grade 1 40 wt . Racing Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problems showed up in this sample of virgin 40W engine oil. The additives are suitable for gasoline or diesel use. No moisture was present and the trace of insolubles isn't a concern. The viscosity was in the upper 40W range, which is typical for an unused oil of this type. The normal 40W range is roughly 70-82 SUS. Sodium, calcium, and magnesium are all detergent/dispersant type additives, while phosphorous and zinc are anti-wear additives. Silicon is likely a little anti-foaming additive. This is serviceable oil and should treat your engine(s) well.

Al 0
Cr 0
Fe 1
Cu 0
Pb 0
Tn 0
Mo 1
Ni 0
Mn 0
S 0
Ti 0
K 1
Bo 3
Si 8
Na 241
Ca 1634
Mg 582
Ph 1350
Zn 1595
Ba 1

SUS Viscosity@210*F 78.1
cSt Viscosity@100*C15.05
Flashpoint in *F 430

I know most of the base oil comes from Northwest Pennsylvania. What do you want to know? Whether it is Group 1,2,or 3 basestock? I'll have to ask the salesman the next time he comes in if that's what you want to know.

Originally Posted By: KA426
Anybody else have any questions about this oil for me to check on?

Yeah. Where do you buy it without paying an arm and a leg for shipping?

Yes, I meant that to sound sarcastic and frustrated. There are no dealers in my part of the state unless you are willing to order 5 cases at a time and then they still pass along the shipping cost over the price quoted by the distributor who is around 45 miles away (too far to make it worth a special trip.)

I just spent the weekend in the Bradford, PA area and other than the odd quart at a couple of gas stations, BradPenn oil isn't even widely available in the town where they make it. I stopped at several auto parts stores and even a few hardware stores and nobody was able to give me even one location to buy cases of any BradPenn oil.

Gee, it sure feels good to vent.

Bye the way, the Zippo/Case visitors centers in Bradford was definitely worth the stop.

You know, this isn't the first time I've heard this complaint. I can buy the SM Brad Penn at my local County Market and I can order the Penn Grade 1 race oil from my local Napa. I take it you live in central or eastern PA? Have you tried going to http://www.bradpennracing.com and trying the "contact us" for distributor info? Keep in touch with me via this board and I'll try to catch the salesman the next time he comes in and see what he can do.

Sorry, I missed the part where you said the nearest distributor was 45 miles away. Can't any auto parts stores(like good ole Napa)order it for you? That's where I get mine. The Penn Grade 1 Green racing oil is some really good stuff. In my view, it's worth a little drive or paying a shipping cost for. I've used both the 10w-30 partial-synthetic and the straight 40 wt. and have been exceptionally pleased with both.

I'm also dumb enough to have driven 100 miles round-trip to get my hands on some German Castrol 0w-30 when it was all the rage. Won't be doing that trick again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back