BP = British Pensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
“Pretty much every pension fund in the country owns a bit of BP and it has now fallen some £45billion in value.” Mr Smith added that with the markets expected to struggle, pension funds30 were likely to sink even further.

“In times like these, with the continuing European debt crisis, there is a lot of nervousness on the markets,” he added. The share collapse means a £15,000-a-year pension will be cut by about £300 to £400 a year, with possibly worse to come.

The BBC’s business editor Robert Peston said: “Given that BP is a core holding of most British pension funds, that’s tens of billions of pounds off the wealth of millions of British people saving for a pension.

“With BP dividends representing about 8 per cent of all income going into those pension funds, and a considerably higher proportion of all corporate dividends received by those funds, if BP’s oil spill causes collateral damage to its dividend-paying capacity, many of us will be feeling a bit poorer.”

http://www.favstocks.com/bp-disaster-sinks-british-pensions/0116032/

An oil spill in the gulf of Mexico could sink the British economy?

Originally Posted By: Tempest
An oil spill in the gulf of Mexico could sink the British economy?

That's in the other article I guess, because that's not what it said in the one you linked to.

Retirement incomes have already been battered by the GFC, and this is another big hit.

I think its insane the way they are milking BP for money, they already gave Florida, 75 million and they want 150 million more, nice message to send American or foriegn companies. Incase anyone missed the little hidden agenda that they seem to be on, apparently BP is a money faucet, why would they turn off the oil, when the more that comes out so does money out of BP. If I was a big bussiness, after seeing what is happening to BP, I would be moving my money to a safer country.

There are no winners here. Just small, medium and big losers.

We are all poorer for BP's mistakes.

Originally Posted By: Burt

Generally I agree but there are always winners.

Demand for oil unchanged. Supply is reduced. Price up. Almost all other oil producers have gained.

Originally Posted By: rjacket
Originally Posted By: Burt

Generally I agree but there are always winners.

Demand for oil unchanged. Supply is reduced. Price up. Almost all other oil producers have gained.

Oil exporting countries in Middle-East, Nigeria, Venezuela ... will gain a lot in the future. Oil users/importers will get poorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back