Bought a new Glock 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
If you go to Baltimore, you all may just get a chance to use them.lol

I don't see the humor in your statement.

If you carry a gun, you have an even greater burden of responsibility to avoid conflict.

Only a fool goes looking for trouble.

Baltimore isn't going to be the only city to burn this Summer. Look for mass destruction in both Chicago and Detroit as well. Over the Memorial Day weekend Chicago had 44 wounded and 12 killed. And they're just getting warmed up. Wait until they have a mid Summer heat wave there, and they spend all night roaming the streets. It's going to be a real blood bath.

Originally Posted By: billt460

Baltimore isn't going to be the only city to burn this Summer. Look for mass destruction in both Chicago and Detroit as well. Over the Memorial Day weekend Chicago had 44 wounded and 12 killed. And they're just getting warmed up. Wait until they have a mid Summer heat wave there, and they spend all night roaming the streets. It's going to be a real blood bath.

Thanks for the warning on Detroit.I am sure you know exactly what is going on here here since you are in Arizona
cool.gif
I will remember to watch my back.

Originally Posted By: bradepb
Thanks for the warning on Detroit.I am sure you know exactly what is going on here here since you are in Arizona
cool.gif
I will remember to watch my back.

You're more than welcome. Let me know if you need some hot dogs or marshmallows. You might as well get something good out of the deal.

bradepb - you're up in Clinton TWP, that's near Selfridge ANGB, right?

Like Ann Arbor (where my sister lives) you're not exactly in the thick of things in Detroit...are you?
32.gif

Last edited:
Selfridge is in Harrison township I believe and about 20 minutes away and I am 11 miles north of the Detroit border and 19 miles from right downtown.
I have spent a lot of time in the city, my son lived downtown for two years and loved every minute, it has come back like you would not believe. Its some of the neighborhoods that can be very bad.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Nice!

I have 3 Glocks and shoot the G23 the best out of all of them (it's the .40 clone of the 19 I believe).

Yep.

I find it neat that a G19 barrel and magazine will work in a G23 and vice versa. I imagine it's the same with other like models, but I don't have experience with them.

Would the extractor also have to be swapped out in addition to the mag & barrel to ensure reliability?

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I find it neat that a G19 barrel and magazine will work in a G23 and vice versa. I imagine it's the same with other like models, but I don't have experience with them.

Would the extractor also have to be swapped out in addition to the mag & barrel to ensure reliability?

While you can technically fit a Glock 19 9mm barrel into a Glock 23 .40 slide, it is a terrible fit. The breach face is a different size and the hole in the slide that the barrel fits into is larger. You are supposed to buy a CONVERSION barrel, which has the same size external dimensions as the .40 barrel but chambered in 9mm. If you dont use a conversion barrel, the barrel moves around so much in the slide that the rounds will just be chucked down range. The gun will not have any accuracy and wont be reliable at all.

When using a conversion barrel, you can typically use the same extractor. Also, conversion barrels are for practice only and should not be used for defensive purposes.

Here, watch this video about conversion barrels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H6NNdj4NzA

I have heard that about conversion barrels and self defense before. Makes no sense to me, either they work or they dont.

I have heard that about conversion barrels and self defense before. Makes no sense to me, either they work or they dont.

The extractor and ejector were designed for .40 caliber. It might be "mostly" reliable with a conversion barrel, but are you willing to take that chance on a defensive use firearm? The first rule of having a self defense firearm is that it is 100% reliable, without question, and you trust it completely.

If you are going to use a conversion barrel it better be for something like a 40 S&W to 357 SIG in order to maintain reliable extraction and feeding.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

The extractor and ejector were designed for .40 caliber. It might be "mostly" reliable with a conversion barrel, but are you willing to take that chance on a defensive use firearm? The first rule of having a self defense firearm is that it is 100% reliable, without question, and you trust it completely.

Ahh, okay thanks.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
Anyone have the new gock 43, 9mm single stack?

It's a great market segment to buy. Tons of great options. Glock 43, Smith & Wesson Shield, Springfield XD-S, Walther CCP, Ruger LC9-S, etc.

I think Glock made a mistake with the 43 giving it only 6+1 capacity. Too many others in this class offer more capacity.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
All these glocks are reigniting my need for my first glock.

Anyone have the new gock 43, 9mm single stack?

My partner has both the 42 and 43. They are both a hair bigger than some competitors similar offerings (Kahr for example) but they shoot great and are all Glock which is a real plus IMO. Nice shooters for sure.

I carry a Kahr Cw380 for back up but have been eyeing his 42 a bit lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back