Bought a '23 Sonata SE / traded in Accent

wemay

Site Donor 2023
20230212_182557.jpg

The Accent was an excellent car but got a fantastic deal on this Sonata SE. I couldn't help myself. This will be my third Sonata in 15 years and it's been my favorite midsized family sedan ever since the first. I like catfish. Lol

2.5L GDI/MPI
191hp - 181ft/lbs
5.5 qts / 0W20
87 Oct
28 city / 38 hwy / 32 combined

-Full assortment of active safety features
-Adaptive cruise
-LED head/tail lights

Last edited:
Yes, sticking to 0w20. Also will try to leave the FF alone for 5k miles. It'll be a first.

Better pictures tomorrow.

Congrats! Interesting design but it has grown on me in certain trims. Hopefully they have the engine issues worked out, but I'm not convinced. That may be a non concern for you though. Enjoy!

Love those chrome strips and those fat tires look soo comfy. I wish i could've gotten 18's on my new suv instead of the 22's being standard. Got 22's on my old one but went back to the 17's for comfort. Smallest rims that would fit but it's better that way.

Congrats! Interesting design but it has grown on me in certain trims. Hopefully they have the engine issues worked out, but I'm not convinced. That may be a non concern for you though. Enjoy!

Thanks.
Although I had zero issues with my past 2.4 Thetta II equipped H/K, I'm not ignorant and am very aware of major issues with various model years. Hopefully the 2.5 is better. There were some rumblings on the forums early on but no recalls.

Last edited:
Looks like it's the same silver as both mine and my wife's Accent's. These have grown on me after I initially thought they were really over styled.

Love those chrome strips and those fat tires look soo comfy. I wish i could've gotten 18's on my new suv instead of the 22's being standard. Got 22's on my old one but went back to the 17's for comfort. Smallest rims that would fit but it's better that way.
I'm completely in agreement. I wish our (Wife's) Palisade came with less than 20".

The Sonata came with 16".

Looks very nice but ... YAWN ... sedan automatic.

I had a Sonata I loved many years ago. 1998. it was quiet and smooth - but had a 5-speed MT to make it more engaging. 2liter about 140hp. Car had a extremely low to the road hood providing excellent forward visibility.

The dealer "mechanics" ruined it in service dept. I mean REALLY ruined it.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Not my actual car - but similar

1998 hyun sonata.jpg

HYUNDAISonata interior.jpg

Looks very nice but ... YAWN ... sedan automatic.

I had a Sonata I loved many years ago. 1998. it was quiet and smooth - but had a 5-speed MT to make it more engaging. 2liter about 140hp. Car had a extremely low to the road hood providing excellent forward visibility.

The dealer "mechanics" ruined it in service dept. I mean REALLY ruined it.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Not my actual car - but similar

View attachment 140289

View attachment 140290
That was a very solid car. All the way up to 2009, the Sonata was darn near bulletproof. It's when they introduced GDI in 2010 that the problems started.

Thanks.
Although I had zero issues with my past 2.4 Thetta II equipped H/K, I'm not ignorant and am very aware of major issues with various model years. Hopefully the 2.5 is better. There were some rumblings on the forums early on but no recalls.
Good luck and enjoy . Sharp lookin' . Hyundai does know how to get buyers with their designs . Part of the reason the '18 ACCENT was purchased . Paid under $16,000 for low monthly payments and the gas mileage . Loan is paid in full for over 3 years .

IMG_1902.JPG

Last edited:
Looks pretty good, real buttons for the important stuff on the dash too it looks like. 205/65R16 tires are pretty practical and cheap. Looks like a nice car for distance driving.

Back