Body work guys, how bad is this???

Guys, he called a tow truck, this won't turn into a DIY repair.

Is that a non-metallic color? If so, should be hard to screw that job up for any decent body shop.

That doesn't mean he had to, and no reply from the OP why he actually did.
If you look at the picture, fender liner was pushed into the tire. It was rubbing bad.

To add to it, behind that side of the bumper, there is the pump and a bunch of hard and soft lines that feed coolant to the supercharger. Even though it was not leaking, I didn't know if any hoses were pierced and were going to cause an issue on the ride home. That coupled with 2k mile tires, one rubbing pretty decent, was not going to try to see how it does at full turn.

Car was towed by the towing company that pretty much shares a parking lot with the body shop.

Guys, he called a tow truck, this won't turn into a DIY repair.

Is that a non-metallic color? If so, should be hard to screw that job up for any decent body shop.
It is a metallic color.

Attachments

• 20221006_161523.jpg
    20221006_161523.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 17
If using Ins cost parameters I don't see under $7500. Interested to hear the answer. Glad you didn't get injured and cool beans the arrogant bear with an attitude made it as well.
$8348 to be exact. Car's still at the body shop.

I’d avoid an aftermarket fender. In fact, I’d fix that fender before ever using an Aftermarket one
Insurance company wanted to use aftermarket fender and plastics on it. I refused, agreed to pay the difference of $400 for all Audi/vw/oem parts.

Not sure if joke or Bitog version of Nostradamus, but you're 6 bucks off.
That's my standard answer to anything involving a number. I knew eventually it would work and I guess now is eventually. My other standard answer is Boise, Idaho. No clue why, just those two are my go to. But we'll say I'm the estimate whisperer.

Thanks for posting the update. Phew! Hope it comes out to your satisfaction and you can safely enjoy the rest of the vehicle's life.
Thanks for the positive outlook. It's sure been a battle with the insurance company. I'll keep people updated when it's done.

To put everyone's mind at ease, especially @slo town the bear was spotted by my wife 2 days later. His ear is missing a chunk, that's it. She's a vet tech, so she can spot these things a mile away.

She texted me, "he's looking for you to give you a fresh paw, pre heated to 350*"

Back