Blue Screen Computer Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Chrome thing doesn't work, don't disable Bitdefender, uninstall. You don't want any modules installed that could potentially interact with the TCP/IP stack and skew the results.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Creating an exclusion for the site isn't likely to isolate it from any sort of packet filtering taking place, it would just exclude it from taking action.

Don't know what it does with an exclusion. This is the message given in the window where exclusions can be added in Bitdefender. It makes it sound like it's totally ignored and not processed.
21.gif

I had issues with bitdefender causing reboots, crashing, and websites not loading.

It was only on 1 of the 4 computers.. kinda random.

I don't know why somebody asks for free help, then fights against it, and wants multiple reassurances to proceed.

Originally Posted By: spackard
I don't know why somebody asks for free help, then fights against it, and wants multiple reassurances to proceed.

Just looking for options on how to dig farther into the issue. It's my computer, so I'll ultimately decide on how to proceed based on inputs from people who are kind enough to help out.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I had issues with bitdefender causing reboots, crashing, and websites not loading.

It was only on 1 of the 4 computers.. kinda random.

Mine seems to only happen with the same website, but it is very intermittent, and the Blue Screen error message is always the same, and has the reference to file 'tcpip.sys'.

It will happen once, then I can log into that website for months before it happens again. Makes it very hard to trouble shoot, and that's why I don't really want to run my computer for months without Bitdefender running.

At this point I'll try the website URL exception in Bitdefender, and also use Google Chrome to test and go from there. If it still happens I'll try uninstalling Bitdefender and run some other antivirus program as suggested earlier by OVERKILL, or one that's compatible with my Malwarebytes running real time.

Windows 7 is winding down anyway, so this computer will probably be replaced in a year or so.

Another thing I didn't mention before is that my Firefox browser usually has 50+ tabs opened up at the same time, so it's taking up a lot of memory.

Don't know if that could be a factor, so I'll have to try and keep the number of opened tabs down to something more reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back