Blu-Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blu-Ray and HD-DVD are sharper than standard DVD, especially on bigger screens and/or shorter viewing distance, when you have side-by-side comparison.

Some DVD players upscale the DVD to 1080P very well such that when watching it alone the picture is very sharp. Most people are happy with standard DVD that why Blu-Ray didn't catch on as well as it should.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
They're also cool with the multi-packs with digital copy for portable devices; DVDs are crackable, Blu-Rays not so much.

And I must respectfully disagree on the quality jump, DVD hooked up with a S-video or better, or directly in a computer, or upscaled with HDMI, doesn't have chroma mixing in with luminance, the quality killer on VHS. Blu-ray has a few more pixels is all.
laugh.gif

you are right about blu rays. I can't play my copies on a blu ray player. I watched a blu ray twilight movie with my wife on our blu ray player, we couldn't tell a difference. our sony blu ray did have streaming included with netflix. so we bought it for both features. we don't own blu ray discs. I thought by now, all discs would have been blu rays and standard dvds eliminated. but it didn't turn out that way.

Twilight is one of the worst transfers ever, from what i have read - I didn't see it, but it's apparently very bad, that's probably why you couldn't tell a difference.

Check out something like "The Reader', 'Pan's Labyrinth' etc.

to see which blu rays are rated best for quality purposes or demos etc, check out www.bluray.com and their reviews on any blu ray movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back