Blizzak cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, is this as bad as I think it might be? Noticed it on a 1200 Mile road trip last week in Milwaukee. My only guess is that when these tires were on the rear last year I touched something when I was stuck. Like when I was stuck in my alley after a 16" snow fall and I was trying to get to the airport.

I bough the set through tire rack and have their road hazzard plan. Bought the set in Nov of 18.

IMG_20200303_095405.jpg

Originally Posted by mikered30
Manufacture defect?

That's what I thought. I thought it was starting to delaminate.

But I took it over to Costco (not remembering at the moment where I bought them) and they set it was absolutely a cut. You can see damage on either side.

If it's the stuck event I'm thinking of, I was high-centered on a snow mogul in my alley, and spinning the tires up to triple digit speeds out of frustration - stuck for a half hour, about to be late for a flight to Florida, not able to dig the mogul out of the way because it was ice. But where I was stuck has a broken concrete retaining wall. Would have had to have just touched it to do the damage I'd imagine.

Last edited:
That tire is about to explosively lose its cap (is that what its called?) The tread will likely separate at highway speeds, which is extremely dangerous to you and others. I would get that tire off my car TODAY!

Are you talking about the part by the rim, or the tread ? The tread looks like it is delaminating. Take some pics and make a claim through Tirerack- I think you might have a good claim.

Those are old tires. Notice the cracking in the rubber.

What you are referring to is the junction of the tread rubber with the sidewall rubber. That eventually leads to the steel belts - not good.

Sorry, Dude! But it's time for new tires!

How old are those tires? Agree that it looks like tread separation. Especially if it is on both sides of the tire. Would be impossible to cut both sides of the tire in the exact same pattern.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
He says he bought them from Tire Rack 11/18. If the groove looks the same on both sides of the tread hard to imagine caused by debris while spinning.

What's the date code on the tire?

Didn't have a chance to check the date code on the tires but like I said I bought them 11/18 and picked them up from the local tire rack warehouse. I doubt they're very old. The cut is only on the outside. It's a RWD car. While they are currently mounted on the front, last year they were on the rear.

Remove and replace them, right now! DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR UNLESS AND UNTIL THESE TIRES ARE REPLACED!

That tire is a catastrophe waiting to happen!

Originally Posted by antonmnster
Didn't have a chance to check the date code on the tires but like I said I bought them 11/18 and picked them up from the local tire rack warehouse. I doubt they're very old. The cut is only on the outside. It's a RWD car. While they are currently mounted on the front, last year they were on the rear.

Which axle is this? Rear, only rear?
Which Blizzak model? WS?

KrzyÅ›

Originally Posted by antonmnster

Step 1) Get the date code off the tires. The code might be on the inside.

Step 2) Call Bridgestone. Show them the picture.

Step 3) They will likely send you to a dealer or have you contact Tire Rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back