Blend door not working - getting warm air with AC off and temp set to cold

Hi everyone. '09 Pontiac Vibe GT. Good news: I think I figured out why my AC is not very cold. Bad news: On the coldest setting/outside air, the vents are blowing about 100 degrees with the AC off (low 70's outside at night). It gets even hotter pretty quickly when I turn the temp dial to hot, so it seems the blend door is still kinda working-just not closing all the way. I can't find any clear info online on how to access/fix the blend door in this particular model. The only part I found online is an electronic actuator, which I think is only for recirc. When I remove the glove box, I can see two white plastic things that turn-one for air direction, one for temperature, and I'm pretty sure those are manual/cable operated since I can turn them with the car off. I sure hope this is easy to fix without dismantling the dash. If anyone has any advice, and/or is familiar with an '09 Vibe GT (or Matrix S, XRS) I'd sure appreciate some insight.

Thanks. I saw that too, but he's doing the recirc blend door/electronic actuator. The temp and air direction doors are connected by a cable and manually operated-I just can't see them.

You did ask about the blend door. The first Gen. Vibe's did seem to have problems with the blend door actuator. I don't know about your 2nd Gen. but I'd think some searching would give you some good answers.

Back