Blackberry Playbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
We got two in today, I get to order another two next week.

I'm bridging it with my 9780 and absolutely love it!

When bridged, I can browse using MDS through my BES,which means I can check the toner levels on the printers, login to the router, wireless AP...etc from anywhere through a secure connection.

Accessing exchange data through the bridge is seamless.

The device is wicked-fast. Video playback is phenomenal and the screen is beautiful. And of course it does flash, LOL.

Not much in the way of apps for it yet (very few). But there will be many more when the Android market is ported to it in the next month or so. I'm not one who needs a million apps, so this has little value to me, but may be an issue for others.

Definitely the fastest/smoothest touchscreen device I've used. We have a couple iPad's and a Samsung Galaxy tab at the office, and this thing absolutely rapes them all in speed and for enterprise use with Exchange.

HDMI out on it, so you can hook it to your TV. And it will tether with anything bluetooth, so you can hookup a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse to it if you wanted.

Really liking this device. Having a hard time putting it down.

I am loving mine as well! I bought it for personal use, so it isn't hooked up to enterprise servers, etc., but still a great device. I love being able to access my Blackberry's task list, memo pad, and address book via the Playbook.

+1 on the video playback as well. I ripped a DVD and put it on yesterday, and it looks great. Oh, and I didn't have to use iTunes to put it on my device, either! Hooray for drag & drop!

Eh, I wasn't overly impressed with it, but it probably becomes much nicer once you get over the learning curve with it. Swiping from the edge, switching apps, etc, didn't seem too intuitive. Once you get past that I could see it becoming much more enjoyable

I just go rid of my Bold 9000 for a HTC Inspire 4G.Even though this thing needs to be rooted to perform well i just couldn't bring myself to get another Blackberry.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I just go rid of my Bold 9000 for a HTC Inspire 4G.Even though this thing needs to be rooted to perform well i just couldn't bring myself to get another Blackberry.

I loved my Bold 9000. Was one of the best phones I've owned. Replaced it with a 9780. Had a torch briefly, but just got frustrated with having to type on the screen or slide out the keyboard. I much prefer just having the keyboard there, hence the 9780.

I do a lot of e-mail, so I need a phone that has a physical keyboard. We also have a BES, so Enterprise mail is a lot better with a BB as well.

Guess it depends on what your needs/wants are.

I have a 9780 too. I am a huge fan. good build quality and everything works. It is an excellent product.

I've no use for these tablet things but its good to know the RIM solution is good. Not like I'd buy the POS iPad or this either way but yeah.

A bit OT, but I'm almost ready to switch back to a BB *something* after a so-so experience with Motorola and Android. Android has great curb appeal, but I'm not a big app consumer or gamer either. The BB seems much easier to use for text and email. I do have the DROID2, which has a physical keyboard, so that's a good thing. The BB 9780 might be on a birthday or Christmas list for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back