BITOG and Firefox not playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Firefox on my mac, version 4.0.1 won't load the BITOG page, the URL just flashes rapidly and nothing happens. Safari works fine and Firefox on my PC works so this could be just a Firefox for mac issue. Anyone have any clues why?

Originally Posted By: wwillson
NewC6,

Is the problem with the forums and/or the main website?

Thanks,

Wayne

Main website, can't even get to the forums. The home page does not load and the URL address just flickers VERY rapidly.

Turns out it must be specific to this computer. My mac laptop, also running FF 4.0.1 has no issues loading. So this is my problem,,, not yours. Sorry for setting off the alarm bells.

Are you using this link? http://www.bobistheoilguy.com

Yes that is the link I am using. For some reason on the desktop mac, where I can see it flickering the address is www.bobistheoilguy.com/cms
If you have any clues I would appreciate it. Otherwise I will just uninstall FF and redownload it and try again. And this post was made with FF 4 on my laptop so the desktop FF has become corrupted somehow.

Last edited:
Well, downloaded a new FF and that didn't help. What did the trick was to clear out EVERYTHING in my history, caches, history, login, everything. So something in there was the issue. Now back up and everything working. This post is coming from the desktop computer running FF that was the problem. So if anyone else has this, have them clear out their histories and try again.

Thanks for being on top of the problem Wayne and again, sorry for the alarm bells. I have never had an issue with FF on this computer or the BITOG site so it caught me off guard.

NewC6,

I think we found your looping problem. Can you try it now?

Thanks,

Wayne

Working great, this is the puter and FF that was having the problem. Don't know which one of us fixed it but glad to be back on BITOG.

Thanks Wayne

NewC6,

I think we found your looping problem. Can you try it now?

Thanks,

Wayne

One other thing Wayne, when I was clearing the history, it said it couldn't clear a "chrome script" and did I want to stop it? I said yes then finished the clearing of the history. Sorry I don't remember exactly all it said but chrome script caught my eye.

"chrome script"

No clue, maybe a developer will chime in.

Wayne

It may not have even been related to the site loading issue, just thought I would throw it out and see.

Last edited:
You could try switching to Firefox 3 and see if that resolves the issue. Version 3 is still supported and updated regularly by Mozilla. Which I'm glad for, as I never took to the face lift they gave to 4.0 (I tried it when it was still in beta testing and my dislike of the UI change sent me right back to version 3, which I've stuck with ever since).

-Spyder

Originally Posted By: Spyder7
as I never took to the face lift they gave to 4.0 (I tried it when it was still in beta testing and my dislike of the UI change sent me right back to version 3, which I've stuck with ever since).

Heh... same here. Plus, a many of the add-ons I was using weren't compatible with FF4... maybe they've caught up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back