Bi-Tron: link posted, opinions sought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why use motor oil? A mix of Bitron, water, and dirt perform better.
lol.gif

crushedcar.gif

I have run into this "tekdeus" guy before on a different forum. The product is questionable as is the seller. Buyer beware.

most likley a chlor parrafin of which works well as a AW/EP but will cause a lot of free acid buildup which will cause problems in your oil.

bruce

then you get a lot of salt buildup just as corrosive as a acid what you TBN carefully when it goes away change out.
bruce

I'm thinking not of the lubricant, but of the person who can exert over 600 lbs of pressure with one hand (that would be assuming it is lb ft). I don't want to meet him in an alley. More than likely, I think they are using inch-pounds, but betting that the public will just assume foot-pounds like I initially did. If my conversion is right, 600 in lbs would equal only 50 ft lbs. My Craftsman 19.2v cordless drill can almost produce that. But Mobil 1 failed at 175! Even though I've gotten bad UOA's with it, I still think Mobil 1 is a good oil for some engines (just not my Nissan VQ).
Or maybe my thinking is way off. Someone smarter than me can chime in (and please do if I'm thinking wrong. Darn medicine does it to me sometimes).

TallPaul has an idea. I'm fixing to change my oil, and was going to use GTX 5w30. Guess now I'll just use Bitron and water. And throw in some dirt as an added anti-wear additive for extended drain intervals. Now I just have to figure out a way to bypass my oil filter so it doesn't get clogged....

Semper Fi,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back