BG Premium Full Synthetic ATF ???

DR1

Would you use this atf or do you currently use this atf?

Thoughts, ideas , Opinions , etc?

The BG link states:
"Meets or exceeds the performance criteria of JASO 1-A and many other automatic transmission fluids."

After a quick Google search...
"JASO GLV-1: An ultra-low viscosity, fuel saving, passenger car engine oil. JASO 315-1A: A specification defining a Dexron Vi automatic transmission fluid type. This specification is now renamed to JASO 1-A"

I had something that just came to my mind. I am currently using all 12 quarts Maxlife Multi-vehicle ATF in my 2008 Nissan Titan. Instead of doing a flush my transmission pan has a drain plug and approx 6 quarts is suppose to come out when doing this process.

Being that I have the Valvoline Maxlife in the trans. would it be ok if after draing 6 quarts out and just adding back in 6 quarts of Amsoil ATF Sig Series ATF Multi - vehicle? Would that hurt my transmission?

Just did per your request. It shows it covers the Nissan Matic S atf. Is that why you wanted me to Google that ?
No you asked:

Would you use this atf or do you currently use this atf?

Thoughts, ideas , Opinions , etc?

Since you didn't state the vehicle make or year, you had to determine if the recommendations were suitable for your vehicle.

If you are going to use other ATF's then why even ask about BG products?
'
Three or more Amsoil ATF or ATL drain and refills should clean it up.

Last edited:
It’s a multi vehicle ATF like Valvoline Mazxlife. It’s used enough by shops that if it wasn’t capable of meeting the requirements it claims there would be law suits

The 5R44E in my 2002 Ranger has lived a very long life on mostly BG fluid and also Wynn's. These transmissions aren't known for reliability, but mine has crossed the 250k mark with no repairs aside from an output shaft seal and just one filter change at 150k. Can't say it will work as good on everything, but in my experience their fluids are good. That said I've always passed on the flush chemical, only used the fluid.

Back