BFG AT KO2

BFG ATs (especially the KO2) are like Glock for firearms. Yes at one point they were a superior product but in the last half decade or more so much of the competition has met or surpassed its performance for less money the name and nostalgia are carrying it as much as the product. And I'm sure these must have bandwagon movements like the current Nitto movement, the short lived Milestar Patagonia movement and whatever bandwagon brand is up next is even putting a dent in that name/nostalgia recognition.

i don’t understand. Didnt the KO2 and KM3 come out in like the last 5 years or so? I dont feel like they have been around that long.

im not saying other tires are not as good or better at some things than a ko2. I had 4 sets of Wrangler Duratracs before my KO2’s and they were better in the snow, but so far my KO2’s have been a much better all around tire.

falken wildpeaks tend to be heavier from what I have seen. The KO2's I put on my Lexus GX were LT285/70R17 C-range and were takeoffs from a Wrangler Rubicon that went up to 37's. I could have also snagged a set of Falken Wildpeaks in the same size and load range from a Gladiator Rubicon, but they were 63 lbs a piece. The KO2's were 51 lbs a piece. Thats huge.

Same with my F150. I ran Duratracs for a long time but I started looking to move a 17" wheel with a 35". The KO2's were the only tire that offered an LT c range in that size. I stumbled across a set of Raptor takeoffs that were an LT315/70R17 on VenomRex VR602 wheels. The whole setup only, balanced and ready to mount, only weighted 1.5 lbs more than my factory wheels and tires. So I went from a 32 to a 35 and gained 1.5 lbs per corner. Couldnt have done that with any other tire.

I guess what I am trying to say is that, while the KO2 may not be the best at everything, its on-road manners are very good, they are generally light weight, and they do a decent enough job offroad for 99% of the people out there. I mean hell, most people could probably do what they do with a Subaru Outback on all-seasons.

And no, I dont think other tires are cheaper. Go ahead and check the prices on tires like the Wildpeaks, Duratracs, Coopers Etc and they are all right in the same realm assuming you are looking at the same size and load range.

Back