Better place to order parts than RA?

I once needed brake rotors for my oldLucerne and local part stores were ridiculous so I checked rock auto for a price and they weren’t that bad so I checked Amazon and ordered from them cause they were cheaper. When I got them there was a little card in the box(from rock auto) thanking me for the purchase
Does RA have an Amazon store?

I just buy from Amazon or Rock Auto, am not picky about the condition of boxes (I don't order cosmetically important or fragile items along with heavy ones), and if something is too dinged up I just return it. I save enough at both of these sellers to make it worth the bother. Heh, on Amazon I often CHOOSE the scratch 'n dented box warehouse items to save over half off... the box is going in the trash or recycling anyway.

Does RA have an Amazon store?
That would defeat the entire purpose.

I get parts from all over. I like FCPEuro, but they're mostly for Euro cars, they have a lifetime warranty on all the parts they sell so it'd be worth it for pads and rotors. Sometimes Amazon is cheaper, but their parts lookup is horrible. Then if you like OE parts, there's always dealers out there that will discount OEM parts 20-30% off online and of course eBay for used parts. Advance Auto and Autozone used to be competitive with their discount codes, but they don't work as well as they used to.

I just buy from Amazon or Rock Auto, am not picky about the condition of boxes (I don't order cosmetically important or fragile items along with heavy ones), and if something is too dinged up I just return it. I save enough at both of these sellers to make it worth the bother. Heh, on Amazon I often CHOOSE the scratch 'n dented box warehouse items to save over half off... the box is going in the trash or recycling anyway.
I guess my point was that because the parts were packed insufficiently, I lost parts. One would assume that shipping heavy parts coast to coast would dictate a little better or sturdier box..

That would defeat the entire purpose.

I get parts from all over. I like FCPEuro, but they're mostly for Euro cars, they have a lifetime warranty on all the parts they sell so it'd be worth it for pads and rotors. Sometimes Amazon is cheaper, but their parts lookup is horrible. Then if you like OE parts, there's always dealers out there that will discount OEM parts 20-30% off online and of course eBay for used parts. Advance Auto and Autozone used to be competitive with their discount codes, but they don't work as well as they used to.
I used to love FCP when I had my E46’s. Great times

Why do you assume that is Rock's fault?
With how much shipping goes on nowadays, I would put it on them. Shipping heavy items and throwing it in a box the same as a shipping box you can buy at Home Depot poses a problem for me. At least put the smaller parts in a bag or inside one of the caliper or brake pad boxes..

You didn't contact them about it? A picture of the box with the hole in it would have been enough to get a replacement or refund.
The only contact I see is through my order... I can’t even locate a contact email address for them..

There literally is a button on the to[ of their webpage "Order Status and Returns". That will bring up the page to notify them you actually had trouble.

I had an issue with Rockauto one time and they made it right. Of course, I gave them that chance before I went out and had a 2 page thread complaining about them before even trying to contact them, but YMMV...

Sometimes I shake my head at where effort is put at times...

To answer your question, summit racing, amazon, and ebay. Way up here in Maine I lose out on "zone pricing" from the California warehouses but do well with "free" shipping.

Rockauto needs to own the damage their drop ship warehouses do. That's why they're the point of contact. I've had a couple problems they've made right. They're curt and all business but cheap.

Can honestly say I have not had a bad order from Rock Auto with packaging or missing items over the years. Was surprised honestly -- bought a new set of Monroe Quick Struts from RA last Friday. Was home washing my Ram the next day and a Fed Ex guy dropped off the struts already. Boxes were in good condition again.

Definitely won't be doing anymore business with RockAuto. They send me parts that aren't even what I order, then want to try to refuse to refund me my money. Their customer support is a joke and refuse to help. Ended up having to dispute the charges to get my money back. Good thing my credit card company has no interest in wasting time with BS like this. At least if I order something from Amazon or a local auto parts place like Advance, I know they won't try to refuse to refund my money or give the the wrong parts and not make it right.

Definitely won't be doing anymore business with RockAuto. They send me parts that aren't even what I order, then want to try to refuse to refund me my money. Their customer support is a joke and refuse to help. Ended up having to dispute the charges to get my money back. Good thing my credit card company has no interest in wasting time with BS like this. At least if I order something from Amazon or a local auto parts place like Advance, I know they won't try to refuse to refund my money or give the the wrong parts and not make it right.
That sucks man I hope you don’t ever have to go through that again.

Back